incubator or no incubator that is the question.

Treetop Chameleons

Established Member
what do you use?

vermiculite?

hatch-rite?

incubator

no incubator?

and maybe some of the pro's could give some pointers on sterilization and what kind of containers to use,set ups?

i thought this could be a helpful thread.

For Panther chameleons I use Glad plastic containers 6" x 10" 3 inches deep with vermiculite in the closet of my hallway. Thats where the thermostat is so I figured it has the most stable temps.

I am definitely no expert but i have found that alot of breeders incubate them in a closet or small room that stays at a consistent temp and use vermiculite. John and Cyndi of Chameleon kingdom showed me where they incubate eggs and they were in a walk in closet on some wall shelving with a curtain type sheet they had hanging on a top shelf that had them shaded from light i guess idk. There was a small heater in the closet and john said he would check the temps every time he walked in there and change it accordingly.

I've hatched hundreds of chams and bearded dragons in a simple hovabator. My hatch rate is about 98%, with vermiculite, and glad plastic containers, in a dark room.
I tried the closet thing once, and lost the whole clutch to mold. That's how I do it, but the best way is the way that works for you.

Chameleon dreams:

Generally if the eggs have sunk in they may be slightly dehydrated. I would add a little moisture to your incubating medium and the eggs should puff back up to what they were before.

Back
Top Bottom