Incandescent bulbs hard to find...alternatives?

dlaunde

Established Member
Just ordered the new UVB lighting for my setup (Arcadia T5 HO 6%, single housing) and now working on the basking lamp. I know 75w Incandescent is the ideal solution...but it seems they are very hard to come by now a days. I can find a few offerings on Amazon but recent reviews say they are not even genuine GE/other known manufacturers being sold (despite the listing saying so). All other solutions are ones advertised as "equivalent to a 75w bulb) but this would imply they may not produce as much wattage in terms of heat output.

What are people doing to still purchase normal incandescent bulbs for heating?

Short answer: scrounging. Some are available mail-order, some through lighting stores, and some sold as basking lamps at pet supply stores. You're right about avoiding those that say "equivalent to" except in the case of halogen bulbs. Halogens can produce a lot of heat, so use caution. ;)

I lucked out...I had saved all of my 75w incandescent bulbs after my Panther passed away last year. So I have 10. Will just shop around for more as time goes. Thanks!
Hi there... I live in California where we can not even buy incandescent bulbs... I use these and love them. Might be a good option when you run out.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 8.56.28 AM.png

My dome fixture is 150 watt. So I use 150 watt dimmable incandescent. Home Depot has plenty of 75watt

There are regular incandescent bulbs available through several online stores as well as Amazon
I tried to order online (don't remember where) and when I went to check out it said can not deliver to location.
I'm in calif. Didn't try anywhere else online so maybe it's only certain vendors?

I tried to order online (don't remember where) and when I went to check out it said can not deliver to location.
I'm in calif. Didn't try anywhere else online so maybe it's only certain vendors?

This is wild to me. No offense California is a beautiful country but politically.....it’s the worst

message me.....we can exchange Venmo if you’d like....I’ll grab some from home Depot and ship them to you

Do you know that you need 75w? I think the deciding factor is the distance from bulb to basking branch. Try a 60 if you have it?

Back
Top Bottom