Incandescent Bulb

Welp…can’t find the incandescent bulbs I used ANYWHERE. Would halogen work as well? Id feel super silly buying a “reptile basking bulb” for $15 rather than my good ole 4 pack of incandescents for $5 -.-

Please let me know, Thanks in advance!

NOS - maybe a loop hole or maybe last of stock but either way; if you find any "standard house" type incan bulb in 60w + I'd snap them up cuz they're going to disappear pretty quickly. I just went through all this. Good luck with your hunt!

FYI - those are listed as 60w but if you do the math they'll likely be 40w bulbs OR incredibly dim 60w. 560l / 60 = 9.33l / W - Standard 60w usually are around 800-900l, have no idea if the lumens created have a direct correlation to heat generated though - just trying to keep someone from having to spend twice. I'd rather buy one bulb at $15; then $25 on 6 only to find out they are too weak for my use case. Not to mention a 2-3 day wait. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
halogen and incandescent are interchangeable. "halogen cycle" bulbs just last longer and have a bit better color, and are normally directional (flood).

Soon all of us are going to be buying small IR blasters.

From what I've experienced in the past you get a lot more heat from a lower watt halogen than some other types of lighting.

I too purchased reptile heat bulbs since I could not find regular light bulbs.
The incandescent are very hard to find. I was not aware we could use halogen. I will try those next.
I bought 7 I’m probably good for a little bit, or maybe not. But it was 6 for 36.00 from chewey And I grabbed another at our local pet store for 5.00

Next is extra uvbs, they’ll be attacking those next.

I live in Washington and they are scarce I just stick with the Arcadia. They are well worth the ticket price

Back
Top Bottom