In the dog house

Garf

Went to clean out my Dubais roaches today. They've done really well as would be expected. There's all sizes and all is going well. I put the lid on the container, picked the container up to put it in its heated cupboard and I dropped it (butterfingers). The roaches scattered to all corners of my conservatory quick smart. I found quite a few hiding behind the furniture and behind the skirting boards etc. but I'm sure a fair few dozen have eluded me. What made the situation worse was the fact the wife saw me drop them, I could have denied all knowledge otherwise. Is there a DIY trap I could make, or should I just leave them. For information, I live in the UK so I don't think they will fair too we'll in our cooler climate. Thanks in advance.

I buy roach traps off eBay or Amazon. Try and buy ones that have a bait sachet . Thet are super sticky. Caught a mouse once.:eek:

I buy roach traps off eBay or Amazon. Try and buy ones that have a bait sachet . Thet are super sticky. Caught a mouse once.:eek:

Cheers Kate. By the sound of it, roach escape is just part and parcel of keeping chameleons. Good, I'll tell the wife "it's normal" :)

I agree, as long as hubby never knows, I had a small cup I spilled. Use a glue trap some food near it and a light bulb above the glue trap. They will go to the heat every time.

Better shop for a wife present fast.

Trap that catches them live:
What you need:
Tall rubbermaid bin
double sided tape
roach food
How to make:
take the rubbermaid bin right side up and cover the top half-inside of the rubbermaid bin with double sided tape. cover the bottom with double sided tape. put roach food stuck to the tape on the bottom. place it on the side where you dropped them.
How to take off roaches:
Inch your fingernail under each foot then place a tiny piece of paper under it so it does not get re-stuck. try not to rip off feet and if you do put fingernail hardener over the ripped off foot. The roach will survive for breeding, do not feed it to a reptile if it has finger nail hardener on it or you can cut off the foot.

My wife would kill me, collect life insurance $, burn down the house to kill the roaches and start fresh.

Back
Top Bottom