In Need of Assistance

Jevin

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey cham fam,

I realize I'm not the most frequent of posters but I am posting as I am starting to run out of options. I am posting this in general discussion as I am looking for help of any kind. Due to recent changes in my life, I am looking for someone or a service to temporarily house or take care of my two reptiles. I am willing to pay for the inconvience and I will ensure their care is handled by me. This is hopefully only temporary until I have a more concrete answer on my living situation. I also realize this may be a long shot but if you know of someone or a service who may be able to help me, I would appreciate the insight. I am located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada if that helps.

Thanks in advance,
Jevin

Have you checked with any reptile stores, vets or even rescues in or near your area? If they can’t help, they may know of someone who can.
Sorry for whatever is happening in your life and hope for a speedy resolution.

Ah yes, caught by my lack of proof reading lol

Basically I have a vehicle of my own so I can drive to come take care of them if it's local enough. I should have specified that it's moreso a physical place to keep them.

@MissSkittles I have already reached out to some fellow herpers and I will inquire at local reptile stores.

@Ambilobe123 it would be a male panther chameleon in a bioactive enclosure and a female bearded dragon. Edmonton is rather far but I will keep it in the mind as it is good to have options.

As of today, they are fine to stay where they are as long as I come back to keep cafe of their feeding, the drainage bucket and the water reservoir. However, the situation is unstable and still evolving and I rather be prepared than having to scramble. I'm not going to go into details but right now I'm basically just hanging in there and having to take it day by day.

Ah yes, caught by my lack of proof reading lol

Basically I have a vehicle of my own so I can drive to come take care of them if it's local enough. I should have specified that it's moreso a physical place to keep them.

@MissSkittles I have already reached out to some fellow herpers and I will inquire at local reptile stores.

@Ambilobe123 it would be a male panther chameleon in a bioactive enclosure and a female bearded dragon. Edmonton is rather far but I will keep it in the mind as it is good to have options.

As of today, they are fine to stay where they are as long as I come back to keep cafe of their feeding, the drainage bucket and the water reservoir. However, the situation is unstable and still evolving and I rather be prepared than having to scramble. I'm not going to go into details but right now I'm basically just hanging in there and having to take it day by day.
I hope things become easier for you, Jevin!

@Jevin, are you a member of any Canadian FB groups like “Canadian chameleons” or “chameleon life In Canada?”

Unfortunately I am not. Currently they can stay at my previous abode, as long as I come to take care of them. It's an uneasy peace for me and going in there to care for my reptiles causes a bit of dissociation.

However I see my doctor on the 22nd and they should be able to help. Tomorrow I get to see my therapist.

Unfortunately I am not. Currently they can stay at my previous abode, as long as I come to take care of them. It's an uneasy peace for me and going in there to care for my reptiles causes a bit of dissociation.

However I see my doctor on the 22nd and they should be able to help. Tomorrow I get to see my therapist.
I wish you the best. The holidays are hard, but remember the old airline cliche: “put your own mask on first, because you won’t be able to help others if you can’t breath.”

On a good note, Chandler's cage is doing well, and the pitcher plants have their first fully formed pitchers!
20211216_130331.jpg
20211216_130346.jpg
20211216_130401.jpg

Beautiful enclosure! I’ve been trying to get my nepenthes to make pitchers, but no luck so far…

Mine weren't producing pitchers previously as during the quarantining period, I did not give it the right conditions to do such. It formed a few small pitchers that lacked the lids, but since being in the bioactive enclosure, it has started to produce larger, fully formed pitchers and, as seen in the one picture, it is also starting to show red coloration in the pitchers. To my knowledge, they require a decent amount of humidity and ample light, but it varies if it is a highland or lowland species. Temperature also affects pitcher production. The green pitcher is actually the first one to have formed since planting it in the enclosure and I suspect the red one will be larger.

Thank you for the link.

Back
Top Bottom