Impaction?

TiKiMan

Established Member
So TiKi seems a bit strange to me and I just wanna know if I’m thinking about this right or not. So about a month ago I falsely assumed TiKi was gravid because she was digging (at the time I didn’t know she was just looking for a dubia that had buried itself) she has a bit of a bulge by her pelvis. She also has been getting wrinkles when she moves and her eyes aren’t sunken but I know a sign of impaction is dehydration even though there drinking water (which she is drinking plenty of) so basically I think she swallowed some moss and she might be impacted... what should I do and is there anyway that a vet could fix it? Here’s pics of the moss and her.
EB03D53D-56FB-4BD3-80CC-62E600723A29.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
3D6F9AA8-2060-46CD-A996-C892403490F5.jpeg

Wrinkles /\ (sry this is the best picture I have of them, they’ve been much more visible before) Also she’s been like this for weeks.

Last edited:
I don't know what's causing it ...but I don't like the way the belly looks. Have you thought about taking her to a good exotics vet?

she might be impacted . This disorder should be suspected in any chameleon that has two or more of the following signs: a lump just in front of its pelvis, inability to defecate (or pass eggs), fluid beneath the skin under its jaw or neck, dehydration even with plenty of water offered, a foul odor to its breath, swollen joints, bloodshot eyes ...

When it comes to females I don’t play around, I took my female to the vet 2 times b4 she laid just to make sure everything was cool. From me doing that I was able to get an ultrasound on her eggs to see what stage there where in. I’m all about vet intervention because we aren’t vets and the vet can see something we miss

When it comes to females I don’t play around, I took my female to the vet 2 times b4 she laid just to make sure everything was cool. From me doing that I was able to get an ultrasound on her eggs to see what stage there where in. I’m all about vet intervention because we aren’t vets and the vet can see something we miss
Okay... But she’s not gravid, she isn’t old enough she’s never even shown as much as receptive colors yet

I’ve thought about it but haven’t done it yet...
Only a vet can determine what is going on. Better to take her in and get her checked than have an emergency in the middle of a weekend night. Yes, it is animal law that their emergencies only happen at the worst possible time to find a vet. Don’t forget to take a fecal sample when you go.

Back
Top Bottom