Impaction?

Hey guys so I fed my baby panther a small horned caterpillar and he gobbled it right up! The next day I noticed he had a poop hanging from his butt for hours this morning and eventually I got worried and was able to coax him onto my hand. Once settled down I pulled very gently on it and about another inch and a half of worm skin came out! He then continued a massive pooping! I am guessing I helped however I would rather not make this a routine sunday morning event! Any similar events happen with anyone else out there? Thanks!

Hey guys so I fed my baby panther a small horned caterpillar and he gobbled it right up! The next day I noticed he had a poop hanging from his butt for hours this morning and eventually I got worried and was able to coax him onto my hand. Once settled down I pulled very gently on it and about another inch and a half of worm skin came out! He then continued a massive pooping! I am guessing I helped however I would rather not make this a routine sunday morning event! Any similar events happen with anyone else out there? Thanks!
My 10 month Panther hadn't pooped in about 2 weeks and I was getting close to taking him to a vet. I'd fed him hornworms in the last week and a half to get the digestion going but finally it came this morning after I gave him some super worms. Hugest dump I'd ever seen him take.

haha! yea super worms are high in fat as far as I know I wonder if that had something to do with lubricating everything and getting things going! Glad to hear it I am sure your little dude was one happy guy after that!

haha! yea super worms are high in fat as far as I know I wonder if that had something to do with lubricating everything and getting things going! Glad to hear it I am sure your little dude was one happy guy after that!
Yeah no kidding! I'd been trying to kick the superworm addiction by not offering them, but he only took the hornworms. I'm gonna try some other worms for variety, but I'm hoping someday I can get him munching on some dubias and crickets again :rolleyes:

At its very highest point 95 but the majority of the basking area is 85 tested through and through musters running every 3 hours for 1-4 min intervals and live plants for straight humidity

When the males get old enough to be firtile they will on ocasion have strings of Sperm hanging from their but! Kind of looks like dry poop. This is ok, don't pull on it. They will get rid of it themselves! Also, as they become adult they will eat less often and poop maby only one to three times a week! This is ok too! As long as they stay hydrated well! Chameleons are a stuborn bunch of pets to own, surely not a pet for whimps!

Yea you are absolutely right they are a challenging reptile to own! Well worth it though very charismatic and I can't believe the amount of time I have spent smiling in awe into his cage! While he is my first I am already hooked! Love this little guy!

Back
Top Bottom