I'm worried-

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? Male Jackson 4 months old been in my care since he was a week 1/2
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Only to move him outside or to clean and or adjust his cage (about once a week until recently when he started going out side more)
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? fruit flies & staple flies- phoenix worms and small crickets when he will eat them
What amount? As many as he will he eat - he's eating well *What is the schedule? feed him in the morning and but he hunts most of the day-
How are you gut-loading your feeders? crickets gutloaded with bug burger and turnips sweet potatoes and kale- other things off the fresh list when I have them
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I dust a couple of flies with calcium *no 3d about once a week- nothing else
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? moonsoon mister and dripper I have been hand misting or having it go off once on a timer that turns off after 5 min because the timer was shot.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? ting of orange or all white- urate and dark brown not runny* fecal last week (results came back Wednesday-clean)
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. *-he's been active and looking good but had his mouth open and seems to be basking more than he normally does - the mister went crazy and soaked his cage a couple of times and I'm thinking that the dampness and lack of drying out may have caused a respiratory infection

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? all mesh
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? 13 hours on 11 off tube uvb zoomed bulb 4months old)60 watt basking light - just changed from 40 when it got colder.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? 80 basking 73 to 75 mid cage
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Hibiscus tree and fake vines and leaves
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
low traffic with people but located where lights from cars were bothering him - i started covering his cage at night and he seems more active in the day
Location - Where are you geographically located? Northern NJ

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I'm concerned about his breathing - I noticed him opening his mouth last weekend but didn't see him doing it again till yesterday
I am planing on calling the vet when he opens at 8 (my vet has Sunday hours and says he treats chameleons but this is my first emergency visit)
I'm worried about getting him the proper meds since he's so small and it's a new vet - I switched vets when I got chameleons as this one just opened 5 min from my house and says he's treated chameleons and owns reptiles- I'm pretty sure that the problem relates to my mister's crazy behavior and not mine but if anyone sees something

Back from vet - he only weighs 3 grams the vet is afraid of overdosing and didn't want to give him a shot because of his size -also he's still eating & drinking and active-
He said I should increase his temps and watch him and bring him back if he stops eating or drinking and gets worse - he said he could do an oral medication in his water but they have more side effects an the dosing would be harder as it's hard to know how much he's drinking. This sounded reasonable to me but if anyone has any suggestions ? I attached a photo of him at the vet today-

Attachments

• sherlock at vet.jpg
    sherlock at vet.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom