I'm Veiled Crazy!!!

As many of you guys and gals already know, I'm a Veiled Chameleon nut!
Today is my day off, so I decided to take a couple of pictures.
When I say a couple...I really mean about 187.
Only three of my Veileds cooperated for a photo shoot.
Calypso, my new female translucent, is a jumper and wanted nothing to do with getting her picture taken.
Duke, my male Florida WC, bit the crap out of me!
Thank the Lord I was wearing gloves. My finger is starting to turn purple!

Enjoy!

Igor starting off was good, then he got a little mad when I got to close with the macro lens.

068.jpg

065.jpg

109.jpg

086.jpg

Chester just finished a shed, and is getting better and better.

003.jpg

032.jpg

042.jpg

Girl, looking oh so sexy!
After about 20 pictures, she got a little angry and showed gravid colors.

045.jpg

054.jpg

Fabulous shots as always Justin! You've a got a great looking cast of veiled's!

You're the master of the 'down-the-throat-shot'

Rock On!!! Nice Pics Man!!! I could afford a better cam if I stopped buying Chams!

Joe, you know you want a camera!
500 bucks for a brand new D40!
You can get a used one for 350 at www.keh.com!
PM me if you have any questions

NICE pics!!! What kind of camera do you have?? It takes great pictures...

I use a Nikon D40
lens- Nikkor 60mm macro
Flash- Nikon SB400

Fabulous shots as always Justin! You've a got a great looking cast of veiled's!

You're the master of the 'down-the-throat-shot'

HAHA!
If you have a couple of veileds and your quick with the shutter, then you can take those kind of shots.

Thanks Royden

Justin-you love Veileds and I just happen to have several dozen! Hint-hint! :)

No thanks! lol
I'm full at the moment

Chester is absolutely totally awesome.

I know, right?!?!
:p

Thanks everyone!!!

Wonderful photos. Dust bunnies on the sensor need to go.

Thanks VeteX!
I still haven't found a good way to clean my sensor.
I have one of those blow things, but it doesn't seem to be working very well.
I usually take my camera to the place I bought it, and just have them blow it out with nitrogen.
Any suggestions on cleaning? Maybe a few links to supplies?

Thanks!
Justin

I have yet to clean my sensor after changing many lenses and taking 8000+ photographs. Having said that I'm inexperienced in this area, there are several tiers you could go through to clean a camera's sensor.

You almost never want to physically touch the sensor to clean (brush or wet). First, I'd recommend blowing the dust on the sensor with a hand squeezed blower. Never use a vacuum cleaner, a compressed air can, etc. If you are still seeing dust when you take pictures, then comes the brush, then swab (wet) cleaning methods. Although I'm careful, I wouldn't trust my self to attempt at one of the physical cleaning methods.

This site seems to cover how to clean camera sensors: http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com

I have yet to clean my sensor after changing many lenses and taking 8000+ photographs. Having said that I'm inexperienced in this area, there are several tiers you could go through to clean a camera's sensor.

You almost never want to physically touch the sensor to clean (brush or wet). First, I'd recommend blowing the dust on the sensor with a hand squeezed blower. Never use a vacuum cleaner, a compressed air can, etc. If you are still seeing dust when you take pictures, then comes the brush, then swab (wet) cleaning methods. Although I'm careful, I wouldn't trust my self to attempt at one of the physical cleaning methods.

This site seems to cover how to clean camera sensors: http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com

Or you could just buy a canon that self cleans the sensor everytime you shut it off ;)

I had an older rebel without the self cleaning function, and now I have the xti that has that function - it's completely necessary.

Thanks for all the compliments guys and gals.

VerteX, I figured out how to enable the mirror lock up function.
I went to the camera store where I bought the D40, and they ended up showing me how to do it.
The mirror lock up function is deep inside the menu on the D40.
I would have never found it on my own.:eek:
On top of that, they blew the sensor clean with hydrogen.
No more dust bunnies!
I also bought some sensor swabs while I was there.
Those things are 4 dollars each and are a one time thing!

Royden, a self cleaning sensor sounds absolutely wonderful!
If you ever get a chance, then check out this website.
www.digitalliquidators.com
Cheapest price!

nikon has always had the problem or dust getting in the lens, thats why i use a cannon. never had a problem w/ it yet.

Back
Top Bottom