I'm upset

Zoey

most of you know how we sold the chameleons seems we kept forgetting about them, well the person we sold him too, despite telling us they would sell him back if it didn't work out, is now selling him for $100 more than what they paid :(

I'm trying to get him back, but I dunno if it will work.

She's lying in her ad, and i tried emailing her but she ignored it.

http://boise.craigslist.org/pet/682245836.html

For starters he's more like 2 1/2 years old- he's NOT easy to take care of- he always tries to bite when you take him out of his cage- and in his pics he looks sick :( (btw the first pic in the ad is one I took and had in MY ad for him, its not one she took!)

I dunno thats just my rant. I feel bad for Carmen. I should have never sold him to begin with because I always knew deep down this would happen.

GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

GetAttachmentsaspx.jpg

Boy that sucks! Some people will do anything for a buck. Well now that you've told everyone here maybe word will get around and no one will buy him. They probably purchased him from you just to sell him which is why they didn't call you. What goes around, comes around.

Debby

Better yet... Everyone who has read this post should respond to the ad and let the seller know what they think.

It does suck that they are not meeting their end of your agreement. On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with trying to make a profit. A large, nice veiled like that would probably fetch $200 on its own.

This is an example how "deals" don't work out well. A flat out sale is the best way to do things. There's no way to really be sure someone is going to live up to their end of the bargain.

I traded with another breeder a couple years ago. She had some nice females, I had some eggs incubating. She sent me the female, and I was going to send her one of mine when they were ready. As things go, MY eggs hatch too early and deformed (due to the higher than I expected temps in their incubation chamber (closet)). I let her know.

In the end, as soon as my next clutch was ready to ship, I shipped one out to her. but it took around a YEAR! She was very understanding, which was great. I might have been a bit ticked off if I were in her shoes! It's just so easy for things to go wrong.

In my opinion, unless you're dealing with trusted friends, it's best to keep deals limited to straight up sales - dollars for lizards. Anything else is just way complicated and leads to ugly situations.

Boy that sucks! Some people will do anything for a buck. Well now that you've told everyone here maybe word will get around and no one will buy him. They probably purchased him from you just to sell him which is why they didn't call you. What goes around, comes around.

Debby

Thats what I am hoping I mean I know he's worth a lot of money. I've been emailing with her and might be able to get him back.

Maybe a helpful person would buy it, give it back to you, and you could resell it?:confused:

I wouldn't want to re-sell him, my BF said he wanted another one and now that we have our own place it wouldn't be so hard to have him back

Have you tried calling the person. The Phone number is on the post

They've been flagged like 5 times.
I've been emailing them.

I've talked them down to $120 for him, her latest email:
"ok i really need to get rid of him we are just to busy to pay attention to him any more. so 120 is fine. give me a call so that you can come get him.
thanks"

Only problem is I only have $80 in the bank lol

It does suck that they are not meeting their end of your agreement. On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with trying to make a profit. A large, nice veiled like that would probably fetch $200 on its own.

This is an example how "deals" don't work out well. A flat out sale is the best way to do things. There's no way to really be sure someone is going to live up to their end of the bargain.

I traded with another breeder a couple years ago. She had some nice females, I had some eggs incubating. She sent me the female, and I was going to send her one of mine when they were ready. As things go, MY eggs hatch too early and deformed (due to the higher than I expected temps in their incubation chamber (closet)). I let her know.

In the end, as soon as my next clutch was ready to ship, I shipped one out to her. but it took around a YEAR! She was very understanding, which was great. I might have been a bit ticked off if I were in her shoes! It's just so easy for things to go wrong.

In my opinion, unless you're dealing with trusted friends, it's best to keep deals limited to straight up sales - dollars for lizards. Anything else is just way complicated and leads to ugly situations.

I completely agree with you. We actually never emailed the person after she took the chameleon because when we tried she never answered. I know Carmen was worth a lot but she didn't seem to care? if that makes since.

I'm trying right now to email her and talk her down on the price. Already got her down to $120 but I only have $80 in the bank right now, so yeah..

He really is a good looking chameleon when he's taken care of right.

I completely agree with you. We actually never emailed the person after she took the chameleon because when we tried she never answered. I know Carmen was worth a lot but she didn't seem to care? if that makes since.

I'm trying right now to email her and talk her down on the price. Already got her down to $120 but I only have $80 in the bank right now, so yeah..

He really is a good looking chameleon when he's taken care of right.

Zoey, if you only have $80 in the bank, are you sure you could care for this chameleon properly? And are you sure you want to spend the $80 getting him back? This is a very emotional situation. I know it would be for me. But maybe you should think it through some more. The chameleon is important, but sometimes we forget to put ourselves first. Humans are important, too. I mean that sincerely. So often we take better care of our animals than we do of ourselves. Of course it would be really hard to just let this go, and move on, but I don't think anyone would find fault with you if you did.

Just my sincere thoughts. Please forgive me if I've overstepped my bounds.

Last edited:
Zoey, if you only have $80 in the bank, are you sure you could care for this chameleon properly? And are you sure you want to spend the $80 getting him back? This is a very emotional situation. I know it would be for me. But maybe you should think it through some more. The chameleon is important, but sometimes we forget to put ourselves first. Humans are important, too. I mean that sincerely. So often we take better care of our animals than we do of ourselves. Of course it would be really hard to just let this go, and move on, but I don't think anyone would find fault with you if you did.

Just my sincere thoughts. Please forgive me if I've overstepped my bounds.

Haha thanks. Trust me I know how costly they can be. Payday is on Tuesday, we get paid every two weeks and from the last pay day $80's all we have left in the bank.

I dont think you could overstep your bounds, because like most people i know, you want whats best for the chameleon. :)

Its fine, trust me.

Haha thanks. Trust me I know how costly they can be. Payday is on Tuesday, we get paid every two weeks and from the last pay day $80's all we have left in the bank.

I dont think you could overstep your bounds, because like most people i know, you want whats best for the chameleon. :)

Its fine, trust me.

Oh, I know what you mean. My husband and I have been there- where it seemed like there was almost more month than there was money. Best of luck and let us know if you get him back.

But, honestly, my concern was for you. I'd make a lousy preacher's wife if I didn't think people were more important than lizards. I just didn't want you to get in a bind due to a possibly misplaced sense of obligation. You acted in good faith. They didn't. But do let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom