I'm Getting Married!

Well, I guess I've heard worse selection criteria. And I suppose it's good to set the bar at a realistic level. LOL In all seriousness though, I truly do believe that one key to long term relationship success is to find someone who, even if they don't love the things you love, at least tolerates and supports your hobbies just as you do theirs. I call it finding a "Compatible flavor of crazy. Crazy you can live with." . At least it works for me! At least until at 3am when a cricket that somehow gets out of the cam cages make it's way to the bedroom and is attracted to the body heat. THAT isn't on any relationship plan that I am aware of. LOL

Well, I guess I've heard worse selection criteria. And I suppose it's good to set the bar at a realistic level. LOL In all seriousness though, I truly do believe that one key to long term relationship success is to find someone who, even if they don't love the things you love, at least tolerates and supports your hobbies just as you do theirs. I call it finding a "Compatible flavor of crazy. Crazy you can live with." . At least it works for me! At least until at 3am when a cricket that somehow gets out of the cam cages make it's way to the bedroom and is attracted to the body heat. THAT isn't on any relationship plan that I am aware of. LOL

What I'm gathering here is that I should look for someone a bit nuts. Got it! Can do! Really good at that!

Last edited:
Husband hates Imelda, everytime he walks past her he says under his breath “she’s going to die in a week I promise” well 6 months later. Loves larry, thinks he’s boss and will take him out the cage. He thinking’s pandora is homie but is scared of her when I bring her out :rolleyes: I chase him around the house telling him to touch my roaches. I’m surprised he still comes home to me :smuggrin:

Ooo and I bring stray dogs home

Last edited:
My husband definitely tolerates my crazy. He didn't even roll his eyes when my huge bug net came in the mail this week or when I happened to ask what kind of insects I might find in Iowa when we go visit the in-laws next week. (I may have specifically wondered about garden snails and katydids!) When I start running around the campground with my net and climbing through bushes, he might pretend not to know me then, we'll see.

My husband definitely tolerates my crazy. He didn't even roll his eyes when my huge bug net came in the mail this week or when I happened to ask what kind of insects I might find in Iowa when we go visit the in-laws next week. (I may have specifically wondered about garden snails and katydids!) When I start running around the campground with my net and climbing through bushes, he might pretend not to know me then, we'll see.
Take me camping with you and I’ll help you catch bugs :love:

Take me camping with you and I’ll help you catch bugs :love:

Wouldn't that be fun?! My last camping trip I collected a bunch of live mosses. This camping trip is all about the bugs. My in-laws think I'm crazy already. I lost my mind last time I went to Iowa and saw lightning bugs for the first time. They just stared as I ran through the yard chasing them. Lightning bugs are magical.

Wouldn't that be fun?! My last camping trip I collected a bunch of live mosses. This camping trip is all about the bugs. My in-laws think I'm crazy already. I lost my mind last time I went to Iowa and saw lightning bugs for the first time. They just stared as I ran through the yard chasing them. Lightning bugs are magical.
It’s ok my in laws think the same ;) i live in California we don’t have lightning bugs here so when I was living in Italy and seen them for the first time I was so excited. Had to explain to ppl we don’t have those bugs in Cali

I grew up with lightning bugs, then lived in Florida for almost 10 years and missed them so much. Now I have them again, and it makes me very happy. I can't remember the location they come from, but have you heard of the synchronized lightning bugs? They all start flashing together, that would be something to see live.

I grew up with lightning bugs, then lived in Florida for almost 10 years and missed them so much. Now I have them again, and it makes me very happy. I can't remember the location they come from, but have you heard of the synchronized lightning bugs? They all start flashing together, that would be something to see live.
You can see synchronized fireflies in great smokey mountains National Park in early summer. It's so popular they control parking with a lottery system. Bucket list!

Husband hates Imelda, everytime he walks past her he says under his breath “she’s going to die in a week I promise” well 6 months later. Loves larry, thinks he’s boss and will take him out the cage. He thinking’s pandora is homie but is scared of her when I bring her out :rolleyes: I chase him around the house telling him to touch my roaches. I’m surprised he still comes home to me :smuggrin:

Ooo and I bring stray dogs home
That’s love !!. My pore hubs had no idea about Chams or any scaly babies. Sh** he was a Bachelor with no one telling him what to do had the sweet life then he had coffee with me and that was the end of his sweet life ;) . Know he lives with many scaly babies , bugs , a 16 year old boy and ME . That’s love too ❤.

Last edited:
And to add to the topic at hand. My soon to be wife (next week) was adamant about not moving in with me and my tarantulas. Now, she gets on my case when I forget its feeding day for them or if one enclosure is dry on water. She claims to be grossed out but I catch her looking for fresh molts and watching the more active species. She low key likes them now and hates when I call her out on it.

Back
Top Bottom