I'm debating over Sambava or Ambilobe please post pic to help me decide

You can just look in the general photography thread and see pics. I have a Sambava. Click on my name and go to my page. At the bottom right there is a photo album with some pics of my male. Most of the time they are green with dark dark blue or burgandy stripes. They are kinda blah until they fire up or go to sleep! Their resting colors are kinda plain.

Ambilobe gets my vote

While I like my sambava he is usually olive green.
Here's my ambilobe boy, Kraken. He is always colorful, even while resting.

Last edited:
Go sambava! They are friggin awesome man. You can always find an ambi but sambavas arent seen nearly as much. I like stuff you dont see everyday, but thats just me. (thats why i keep/breed falys and mitsios, I like the rarely seen locales)

I like mine when he is green!! :D He likes to be a wacky little man and switch up his colors every day. Always a bright viridian color or a yellow green color with different colored bars. His bars can be blue, purple, gray, red, the same green as his body color, or a darker green. And then when he basks he makes light patches sometimes so he will have a random area that is yellow and red vs green and blue. Crazy lizard.

I like mine when he is green!! :D He likes to be a wacky little man and switch up his colors every day. Always a bright viridian color or a yellow green color with different colored bars. His bars can be blue, purple, gray, red, the same green as his body color, or a darker green. And then when he basks he makes light patches sometimes so he will have a random area that is yellow and red vs green and blue. Crazy lizard.

Pssh, I cant get over how small your Sambava is. Most of them are just huuge. He looks smaller than my male faly. Love the 2nd to last pic of him you posted on this thread. He is a "little stud".

Yeah, he's weird! I think he put on a few grams though. Maybe one day he will catch up. My most recent female is almost the same size as he is (though she weighs less!)

Don't get me wrong I love my Sambava and he is beautiful in his own way but I just think the Ambilobes are a more colorful species that don't need to be fired up a much. I wouldn't trade my Sambavee for the world!!!!

For me ambilobe yeah they maybe more common (among chameleon people) but I love the color. I'm also a fan of ambanja, nosy be and nosy faly (I like blues and reds)
I'd say look around and see what you like best.

Back
Top Bottom