I'm contemplating...

I dont have plastic sheeting, the back and right side is against a wall and a fake tree is near the left. So, some clear vinyly curtains would be good on a few sides as well as a couple more live plants. I may buy a few hanging plants tomorrow then.

My thermostat is located in the hallway leading to the living room in which my cage is located in the back corner. The thermostat controlls all rooms in the house.

I may try the cold pack idea, dropping The thermostat caused me to freeze at night as well as my electric bill to climb 120$ a month. I could try closing vents in rooms except the living room and drop the A/C. I do have a ceiling fan in the room located about 5 ft from the top of the cage that I could turn on as well

Okay, I've added a vinyl shower curtain, trimmed & attached, to the back and right side of my enclosure on the outside.

I purchased two plants, and have potted them in two hanging pots. I purchased a Dracaena and a Hibiscus. The plants and the curtains on the side have brought my humidity up roughly 10%, it now sits at an average of 41-42%.

I've got my ecozone controller set-up, but I can't seem to get the auto-mister portion to work correctly (every 10 minutes it reads the humidity, if low it runs the mister for what a set amount of time, then reads the humidity 10 minutes later, etc.) So I'm going to have to use a lot of water to find a timing cycle that keeps the humidity at 50% or very very near

I've currently got my mister set-up to mist for 4 minutes, 30 minutes after the lights are at 100%. For 2 minutes 4 hours later. 2 minutes again 4 hours after that. and then for 4 minutes 2 hours before the lights are completely out.

Hoping this ups the humidity. Good thing is...while I'm gone I can check the temp probe for readings while i was away and see what the readings were and make my adjustments

I seem to have water collecting on the bottom of my cage, before the water tub compartment. The middle section(before the tub compartment) has flat wood on 4 sides that stick out about 2" all the way around to attach grill grates to. It is then covered by aluminum mesh. Underneath is vinyl sheeting, loosely attach with a center hole cut to direct water to middle of drainage tub.

My problem is, water run off on the screened sides runs to the wood and collects, possibly molding. not sure if the smell is from the plant that died or the water.

What I'm asking is, is there anything angled enough that I can attach from the end of the wood border to the screen that directs the water run off passed the wood onto the grate and into the tub below, rather then it collecting?

Attached are rough draft diagrams of what I'm trying to explain:

Untitled-2.png

Untitled1-1.png

Help/Suggestions MUCH appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom