Im confused by this?????

^^^ Jackson's dont need soil... as they dont lay eggs.

I know this, but I've the other chameleons that I have seen give live birth, the babies come out totally helpless and in a sac. Doesn't it make sense the chameleons would have a preferred place of depositing the little ones?

When the babies come out they don't plop on the ground. They land on the leaves and branches and crawl up. The ones that drop on the ground and don't come out of the sac become someone's food. His explanations make no sense, and he's giving everyone a different (yet still stupid) answer.

Every birth I have seen from jackson's has never occured on the ground. In the wild (per a study done in Hawaii) they give birth in the trees. As lisa said, the sac's land on a branch/leaf and immediately open. Being on the ground would make a hatchling easy prey.

Live bearing chameleons do not give birth on the ground or in a nest, period. They give birth in the trees or bushes and the sacs/un-calcified eggs the neonates are encased in burst/tear on the branches and leaves allowing the neonates to immediately take cover in the foliage. In the cases where the sacs don't immediately tear or burst, it is generally the fall into the foliage itself that stimulates the neonate to squirm and break free. On multiple occasions I have had to pick up neonates that did not immediately break out of their egg sac and drop them again to stimulate them to break free from their egg case.

In my opinion, the seller of this product does not know what he is talking about and/or is trying to prey on the uninformed in the hopes of making money selling dirt that is completely useless to the buyer.

Chris

Live bearing chameleons do not give birth on the ground or in a nest, period. They give birth in the trees or bushes and the sacs/un-calcified eggs the neonates are encased in burst/tear on the branches and leaves allowing the neonates to immediately take cover in the foliage. In the cases where the sacs don't immediately tear or burst, it is generally the fall into the foliage itself that stimulates the neonate to squirm and break free. On multiple occasions I have had to pick up neonates that did not immediately break out of their egg sac and drop them again to stimulate them to break free from their egg case.

In my opinion, the seller of this product does not know what he is talking about and/or is trying to prey on the uninformed in the hopes of making money selling dirt that is completely useless to the buyer.

Chris

^^ Thank you for a complete, articulate answer (as usual!)

Chris

Chris, thanks for weighing in on this, I appreciate your input. The description I read was that it was moss, not dirt.

Well, can't that be reported? He's using E-bay's space to deceive their customers. I'm not a member of E-bay but I'm sure lots of people here are. He certainly can be reported for offering a product that does not provide the help he says it does.

If he were selling a supplement he said helped make dogs strong but in reality, made them sick; E-bay would want to know that, right? Is this situation that different?

Last night I looked for a way to report him, but I could not find a place to do it, unless as a buyer I had a complaint. I'll look again if I have time. He's so full of crap!

You need to have a username or whatever from E-bay in order to report the person. If you look at the right of the page below where is says "Seller Info" there's a button that says "report item".. not sure if it is talking about the soil thing, but it is worth trying.I don't have an e-bay account so I can't do it.

Item #: 190524003500

Someone who has an e-bay account, please help stop the scam.

I have an account. I'll see what I can do.

I have an ebay account and have reported things in the past. The problem is, there aren't too "reasons" to report things and this auction might not fit them very closely. He is preying on buyer ignorance as do a lot of sellers there, but he is not doing anything illegal (such as selling a live cham or using illegal materials). Still, go ahead and try...they are usually pretty responsive even if all they do is ask the seller to edit his information so it doesn't mislead bidders. What a fool...

I have an ebay account and have reported things in the past. The problem is, there aren't too "reasons" to report things and this auction might not fit them very closely. He is preying on buyer ignorance as do a lot of sellers there, but he is not doing anything illegal (such as selling a live cham or using illegal materials). Still, go ahead and try...they are usually pretty responsive even if all they do is ask the seller to edit his information so it doesn't mislead bidders. What a fool...

ya its not that hes doing anything illegal, it just sucks that he obviously doesent know what he's doing, and is just going to be making money off of noobs with no knowledge or experience ..either way, im still going to use hatchrite for my incubation..just sucks that someone may think thats what he has or an equivilent to, and its most likley not even suitible for incubating anything...

It doesn't have to be illegal for it to violate E-bay's rules. From their User Agreement:
While using eBay sites, services and tools, you will not:

post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal information);

Certainly, this listing contains false, inaccurate and misleading content.

E-bay's page on "how to report a violation" has a link for a form you can complete if reporting from the item doesn't seem appropriate. You have to log into your E-bay identity to do that.

Did anyone ask this guy exactly wth he was trying to say about the "Notoriously picky nosy bes" or whatever he called them? I want that to become a super lame board meme now. Like whenever we talk about a new feeder or cage decor/husbandry thing we can just be like "I do some long and short mistings throughout the day. EVEN THE NOTORIOUS NOSY BES LIKE IT." "Today I got all my chams to eat silk worms. EVEN THE NOSY BES."

Did anyone ask this guy exactly wth he was trying to say about the "Notoriously picky nosy bes" or whatever he called them? I want that to become a super lame board meme now. Like whenever we talk about a new feeder or cage decor/husbandry thing we can just be like "I do some long and short mistings throughout the day. EVEN THE NOTORIOUS NOSY BES LIKE IT." "Today I got all my chams to eat silk worms. EVEN THE NOSY BES."

HAHAHA! Love it!

Hey now! I lay sacs and I lay them on the ground. I would know, I'm a nosy be. Me likey the moss.

Back
Top Bottom