im back.....(hawaii help needed)

Cammie, can you recommend a good shop? I have yet to go to a local shop that knows anything about proper chameleon care. Have been to the one by Kahala mall, Pets Discount on ward, and the one in Kalihi by zippy's and the dmv. All are complete suckage!

It's weird. They sell the books on cham care, but not one of the employees knows sack jhit about them.

There are 0 good stores on the island. The LEAST of the bad bad stores is prob the one near Kahala mall- pets plus i think its called? They are the only store that actually houses the chams alone and not in huge groups. With that said, they are in glass cages with very poor ventilation. I offered to help their staff with suggestions, and they all commented on how much they didnt know about chams overall. They use to let them drink from waterbowls and thats it (at least i got em to take them out). The idea of misting to them was foreign and "sounds like too much work" but again, convinced their manager to give it a shot.

I only would go there for the silkworms, they seemed to always have a good supply from the big island. If i had to choose ONLY 1 store to go to tho, it would probably be that one. GL with your chams!

imfaster. I haven't been hunting in a long time but hike back there every once in awhile. I am not pro at catching them and I am even worse at spotting them. I often cant find my own jacksons in his enclosure. haha. :p But I did learn a lot by meeting the various hunters that go in there...they are always willing to talk about it.

Yeah the Kahala pet store is good. They are the only store I know of that stocks and sells mulberry leaves, which is awesome. The only other store I know that stocks silkies is on Ward and their prices are much cheaper (10 for 1.50$). Whereas i think Kahala charges 6$ for 10 and often they are verrrrrry small. The only thing I don't like is how they sell crickets...they dont sell them as large/small but just basically sell a grab bag.

Try going to Mililani Tech park. Found a couple there.
Found one going down Pali. And found one crawling on the outside of my cage. Guess he was trying to get in.

Back
Top Bottom