Iguana Light? (5.0 UVB?)

Syn

Avid Member
p_231989_23515DZIO.jpg

Would this be alright for a chameleon or say a bearded dragon?
It says 5.0 UVB but it also says IGUANA light LOL!!!

Just curious if anyone has had any use with these, because someone is selling 3 unopened 10$ each, and that's a good deal.

iguana light 5.0 and reptisun 5.0 is essentially the same thing.
the name change is for marketing purpose.

Awesome! Thank you Dodolah, then I have an awesome deal on my hands, mwahahaha!

its just brighter from what i have gathered instead of pulling off a dull glow it lights up for a lot more light

hmm i remembered reading it on a website that sold them, but oh well. not to sound sarcastic, but have you personally seen them in action. im just curious

hmm i remembered reading it on a website that sold them, but oh well. not to sound sarcastic, but have you personally seen them in action. im just curious

I need to correct myself. The Iguana light produces 30% UVA in addition to 5% UVB.
The reptisun 5.0 only produces 5% UVB

-Brad

Last edited:
Iguana Light 5.0 Linear Fluorescent: This lamp is equivalent to the ReptiSun 5.0 linear fluorescent, and was developed to assure the consumer that this lamp is safe and effective for use with Iguanas.

From the ZooMed website: Link

I had heard there is no difference . I can't imagine them spending the money to make a lamp just for iguana owners.:rolleyes:

In my own reading between the lines that just means 'we looked into this being good for iguanas... and it is... so we spent some money on an add campaign and a new style box.'

Edit: I can't honestly say if there is or isn't a difference.... BUT I will say, if the picture in the OP is the lamp that comes with the iguana box... the ends have a green color.... a 5.0 reptisun has red/pinkish ends... so... maybe it is a different lamp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom