Iguana cage?

So I'm getting my first cham soon and I built a 2×2×4 cage with pvc and screen for the new guy. Today I found a 4ft tall, 4ft long, 2ft wide iguana cage for sale early cheap near me and I was wondering if it could be used as a cage as well. It has 3/4inch spacing, would it work as an indoor or outdoor cage if I added screen to it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180704-170420_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180704-170420_Chrome.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 246
Personally I wouldn’t. You’d be begging for an escape. You would be surprised what they can escape from.

You think he would still be able to escape if I lined it on the inside with screen? That was my plan for it if I got it. I just know I'm going to want an outdoor as well as an indoor cage and was thinking it may be easier to modify this one than building another.

If lined with screen like you said, it would work well for an outdoor enclosure. Just make sure you cover everything well. Any holes and your feeders and potentially your chameleon will escape.

You think he would still be able to escape if I lined it on the inside with screen? That was my plan for it if I got it. I just know I'm going to want an outdoor as well as an indoor cage and was thinking it may be easier to modify this one than building another.
The only reason I say no is because it’s going to be difficult to make sure all the seams are Cham proof, I’m not saying it can’t be done I just don’t want to see you loose your Cham.

Go for it! You know that you have to ensure it is escape proff! Just check every screen twice, and watch carefully the first time you use it!

Back
Top Bottom