If not using a dripper

tryme

Hi all I used to use a big dripper but found it let tooo much water out and I was finding it hard to cope with this when I was out at college etc. So how many times should I mist a day and for how often if I don't use my dripper? Thanks

I haven't used a dripper on any of my chams in over a year. I mist 3X daily. Some of my chams don't like to be sprayed and drink off of the leaves, so I soak the plants in the cage, and some like to be misted directly and will drink right away from the mist and I still soak the plants, and a few like to be sprayed right in the mouth, and I mist them until they are done drinking.

I haven't used a dripper on any of my chams in over a year. I mist 3X daily. Some of my chams don't like to be sprayed and drink off of the leaves, so I soak the plants in the cage, and some like to be misted directly and will drink right away from the mist and I still soak the plants, and a few like to be sprayed right in the mouth, and I mist them until they are done drinking.

I do the same. Drippers just leave to much excess water all over the place

Keep in mind with drip systems you dont want an all day drip...I used plastic cups forever, fill them 1/4 or half way and let it go. But dont neglect the misting it is waaaay more easy to control.

Yeah sometimes he likes it directly other times he climbs out the cage and tries to run away lol

i mist 3 times a day. i can't stand my dripper,it like you said just went way over board.
i have come home/or woke up to a lake in the bottom. grrr

If you setup a drainage system the flood doesn't have to be a problem. What I did was take an ordinary Tupperware container, drilled a hole in the bottom of it and placed a small tube in it that leads out of the cage and into a container that I empty once every day at lights out. My Schefflera since in the container and my little dripper drips onto the leaves and down into the plant which then filter out through the bottom into the container. It's a very simple and easy setup but it works and you don't end up having a tub of water all over the bottom of your cage.

Back
Top Bottom