Identifying Species

Me again. Sorry for the handholding but please can you send me a link to exactly what fitting and bulb I need for the UVB? I'm trying to source it here but can't get it and confused with the descriptions im getting online. Especially for my 18x18 inch cage.
Sorry again but I want to get this right. Thanks
So what you are wanting is a T5HO fixture and either a 5.0 reptisun bulb or a 6% arcadia bulb. You want the 24 inch fixture because you will need to upgrade the cage size to a 24x24x48in sized cage.

Look for ProT5 by Arcadia. This comes with the fixture and the bulb. Choose 24in fixture and 6% bulb.

Let me know what you find.

So what you are wanting is a T5HO fixture and either a 5.0 reptisun bulb or a 6% arcadia bulb. You want the 24 inch fixture because you will need to upgrade the cage size to a 24x24x48in sized cage.

Look for ProT5 by Arcadia. This comes with the fixture and the bulb. Choose 24in fixture and 6% bulb.

Let me know what you find.
Finally got this. Thanks for your advise. I’ve replaced this with the lamp I had before.

Attachments

• 5A6419FD-1063-4897-A160-1D63F99FF5C4.jpeg
    5A6419FD-1063-4897-A160-1D63F99FF5C4.jpeg
    192.9 KB · Views: 72
Finally got this. Thanks for your advise. I’ve replaced this with the lamp I had before.
Perfect so you want 8-9 inches to the branch with this sitting on the screen top. This will put the cham in a 3 UVI level where it rises off the branch. If baby is screen climbing the top we have to make some adjustments so let me know. :)

Afternoon all. Thanks again for all your help so far. So the ProT5 lamp is working well and he's looking very healthy. Is there an alternative heat lamp though to using a regular incandescent for heat? I can't get them out here as they are all energy lightbulbs. He basks in the natural indirect daylight all day and the temperature is a constant 25 degrees C.

Afternoon all. Thanks again for all your help so far. So the ProT5 lamp is working well and he's looking very healthy. Is there an alternative heat lamp though to using a regular incandescent for heat? I can't get them out here as they are all energy lightbulbs. He basks in the natural indirect daylight all day and the temperature is a constant 25 degrees C.
I’m using the Arcadia Deep Heat Projector and my chams love them.

So a few things here. baby is tiny so you need tons of branches and tiny vines. You can use floral wire to attach them to the screen but make sure the ends of the wire are on the outside of the cage.
The wrapped branch is not recommended. They can get their nails caught up in it. Bare real branches or fluckers vines are the two better options. The fluckers vines come in all different diameters as well.
Beautiful girl (i think) I just wanted to say something about that wrapped branch and adding more branches and then I saw @Beman advice from August. Please do something with that advice, just take I.e. branches from your garden, rinse them with water and your good. Doesn‘t cost anything and gives your Cham so much more enjoyment.

Happy New Year All!!
Thanks again for all your help last year. Everything still looking good and better following your advice.

He's 6 months old now and (6 inches not including his tail). When will it be time to give him a bigger home? (Hes currently in a 18x18x35)

Also his diet. I get lots of different advice. He's still on around 10-12 small worms a day (Can't get crickets anymore). IS this ok or does it need to be more varied, and when will he be on the super worms etc?

Thanks as always.

Happy New Year All!!
Thanks again for all your help last year. Everything still looking good and better following your advice.

He's 6 months old now and (6 inches not including his tail). When will it be time to give him a bigger home? (Hes currently in a 18x18x35)

Also his diet. I get lots of different advice. He's still on around 10-12 small worms a day (Can't get crickets anymore). IS this ok or does it need to be more varied, and when will he be on the super worms etc?

Thanks as always.
I would definitely add more variation if you can. What type of worms are you feeding him? Worms are generally not supposed to be a staple in chams diets because they are quite fatty and not high in nutrients. They’re more of a treat. I would recommend dubia roaches, black soldier flies, and the occasional hornworm or silkworm. If you go to josh’sfrogs they are a great reliable seller for feeders.

Happy New Year All!!

Thanks as always.
Can you share some current pics so we cans see how well the baby is growing?

I would personally go ahead and upgrade the cage size now.

What worms are you feeding now? Varied diet is always best. See image below.

chameleon-food(1).jpg

Back
Top Bottom