Identify small lumps

@GrimCamel that's the thing about keeping chams in Europe. I live in Slovakia and there are no reliable vets with chameleon experience either - we go to one that's in charge of reptiles in the local zoo, but he's not very knowledgeable about chameleons, unfortunately. And it's no wonder, cats, dogs and horses are much more popular than lizards. I remember than when we wanted to buy a panther cham, we found only one breeder that would have Ambilobes, so we got an Ambilobe :)
I've read your post about the samples. If I remember correctly, there are some people on these forums that are from Germany and are serious and experienced breeders (sorry, can't remember the name/s, maybe someone else will chime in?), maybe it would be worth asking them where they get their cham samples tested in Germany (thinking that it would be much easier with shipping within the EU)? just a thought....

The vet I visited was their top exotic vet, he handles the exotics in different zoos etc and he mentioned that no body in Sweden was researching papilloma in reptiles since it haven't been seen before. I think my country is a dead end tbh but I could look deeper into things.

Researching a virus and doing the pathology to identify it is not the same thing.

Update on this matter. The very much awaited shed has brought result. The first pimple looking thing is GONE. He shed it away and now have a tiny wound in its place. I looks like it will heal just fine. Ill give another update when his shed is completely done and will reflect over my remaining worries in my other thread. 20170319_124234.jpg 20170319_124229.jpg

So around yesterday he shed the piece of skin that has been stuck to his other lump and it just looked like an open wound like hole with swelling around. Today it looks like this

20170323_193224.jpg

Almost the same as pre shed but its probably because it was all open when the shed came off. Will probably look better next shed and speaking of shedding. He is VERY pale, like shed pale. No strong colors came out beneath his shed just the same dull color if not even more greyish on his head.

20170323_193216.jpg

He looks very odd. Could this be a side effect of fungal infection (?) which I suspect he has because of a weird looking brown spot I found last week. Anyway, here is a picture of his usual colors to compare

20161216_121425.jpg

Back
Top Bottom