Identify cham color

Hello guys, could someone help me understand what it means when chams turn this color? It is very rare that he turns this bright.
20220223_130625.jpg

Attachments

• 20220223_130554.jpg
    20220223_130554.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
It's turning this bright because it's out in the sun and might be trying to cool off instead. It is not a good coloration though, it looks pretty pale to me. Also looks dehydrated and the nose up like that means that it can't breathe.. maybe for a respiratory infection. Can you fill up the husbandry form and post better pictures of the chameleon and the cage please?

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Lighter colors in sun can indicate that it is trying to cool back down. Is this the same wild one you found awhile back?

Hello, this is my Cham named Yoshi she is a two year old female veiled. Recently she has gone very dark. I can’t seem to figure out why the color change. She is eating fine right now eating plenary of dubias. She is also drinking water and having normal excrements. I’m just concerned about her recent color change. She has been this color for 4days. Basking temp is about 83 degrees, humidity (60-80%) depends on her water system. Any ideas?
72CC08C4-FCF5-4FB7-A481-A06422E74668.jpeg
4832C385-C9D3-4C35-B67D-31DFB2673E8A.jpeg

Hello, this is my Cham named Yoshi she is a two year old female veiled. Recently she has gone very dark. I can’t seem to figure out why the color change. She is eating fine right now eating plenary of dubias. She is also drinking water and having normal excrements. I’m just concerned about her recent color change. She has been this color for 4days. Basking temp is about 83 degrees, humidity (60-80%) depends on her water system. Any ideas? View attachment 320379View attachment 320380
I'm guessing she's very stressed for not having hiding spots at all. Do you watch her often? I'd put a big plant in the middle of the cage. The Schefflera works amazing for me and many others, maybe a pothos on the side too!

Hello, this is my Cham named Yoshi she is a two year old female veiled. Recently she has gone very dark. I can’t seem to figure out why the color change. She is eating fine right now eating plenary of dubias. She is also drinking water and having normal excrements. I’m just concerned about her recent color change. She has been this color for 4days. Basking temp is about 83 degrees, humidity (60-80%) depends on her water system. Any ideas? View attachment 320379View attachment 320380
This is her normal color ….. often bright green and yellow in the morning.

Attachments

• 17E96497-926A-45B5-AA9F-704433DC3221.jpeg
    17E96497-926A-45B5-AA9F-704433DC3221.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 51

Welcome to the forum!Its advised that you make your own thread so that things don't get confused when we reply and so the OP can get answers to their concerns.

@Decadancin or @AmandaS can you move this to a separate thread please?

She's showing receptive colors in the photo you posted in post #9...so she's likely carrying/producing eggs.

I can go buy a plant to help, just curious why all the sudden after two years she has gone so dark. I’m willing to do anything to make her feel More comfortable

I can go buy a plant to help, just curious why all the sudden after two years she has gone so dark. I’m willing to do anything to make her feel More comfortable
We could help you better if you answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum. There are changes that should be made to her setup.

Please go here and click post thread. You want to start your own thread or your info and the Original Poster's info are going to get confused.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/general-discussion.6/

Welcome to the forum!Its advised that you make your own thread so that things don't get confused when we reply and so the OP can get answers to their concerns.

@Decadancin or @AmandaS can you move this to a separate thread please?

She's showing receptive colors in the photo you posted in post #9...so she's likely carrying/producing eggs.
That might be it because I saw her digging a few days ago.

@Sjharma ...when she's digging, don't let her see you watching her. You may make her abandon the hole and it can push them to eggbinding.

Here's how it should go....she may dig several test holes but should pick one and then dig it until she's satisfied with it. She should then turn around, butt down, and lay all the eggs she's carrying. This usually happens in the evening. She may even sleep in the hole overnight. She should cover the eggs up no fill the hole in, tamping it down and then returning to the branches, hungry and thirsty and thinner.

Did up the eggs after she's done burying themfor sure...count them. It's important to know how many she laid...you will want to control the number so she won't develop reproductive issues and die early.

Back
Top Bottom