Ideas to get supplements into my girl

SocialNumb

Established Member
So as some of you may know my girl is not eating very much these days. I'm still waiting for her to lay and hoping all returns to normal after. As a result getting her to take her Cal W/D3 and Vits has been impossible as I have no idea when and if she'll eat.

How can I get these in her without forcing it down her throat? I've thought of spraying her with it but then I thought that might not be a good idea for her eyes. (?) I thought then I'll put it in her dripper but I'm lucky to catch her drinking at all so I won't know when and if she does have some from that particular D3 or vit loaded, umm, spiked :D portion of water.

Any ideas?

I inject hornworms and superworms with water just so I know my cham is hydrated (im sure she drinks I just never see her do so) a little assurwbce for me w injecyion. If your cham will take its favorite treat id inject some into the bug.

If shed been popping shed eating id look for pop or take her out and have just her and food in an area this way you can keep count of the bugs. Best of luck w the little lady

She's not eating treats right now, or anything I offer up, when I offer it up. She's very, very, random about it. I try to keep her crickets, the only thing she'll eat when she feels like it at the moment, in a cup so I could keep count but there's the possibility that they jump out and hide. With the laying bin, that's big, in the way it's nearly impossible for me to go looking around to see if they're under something. The ones that stay in the cup I return to the cricket bin as to not waste.

Today, I think, maybe, she ate 4 crickets. I happen to put Cal W/D3 on those. So maybe I got lucky on that one.

I'm going to try a long straw, I guess, with water/vit mix and see if that's a go tomorrow.

You can put whatever supplements it needs in a oral syringe mixed with water? I've been doing it and it has worked well

I've tried to use one in the past just for my own comfort because I would never see her drink although her urates looked fine and she wasn't having the strange thing coming to get her. :p

I suppose I'll try again.

Back
Top Bottom