ID this Chameleon?

Menzies

I know what your thinking.. This thread does not belong here. But I tried posting in Chameleon Identification and it wouldn't let me.. So thought I'd try my luck here!

Ive never Identified one before but I'm gonna pall park it and say its either a Male Nosy Be or Nosy Faly? Or I'm completely wrong and please someone correct me!

If the photos don't work well blame my client I don't own a decent working computer.

4492a5da-4a70-ef22.jpg

4492a5da-4a94-9d79.jpg

4492a5da-4aab-6965.jpg

I think nosey be and ambanja cross.

no red rain so not a faly.

some faint barring, so not full be.

I think be/banja.

I say Ambilobe x Nosy be cross, possibly. I don't see anything that says Ambanja to me. personally. But he looks a lot like NosyBilobe crosses I've seen in the past.

Thanks for the replies everyone, now I have more of a leg to stand on when people ask me what kind of chameleon it is.

I say Ambilobe x Nosy be cross, possibly. I don't see anything that says Ambanja to me. personally. But he looks a lot like NosyBilobe crosses I've seen in the past.

This would be my guess. The first pic looks like he has Ambliobe in him. Then there is the blue. lol

I don't know why these pics are coming up so small! I'll try to find a way to enlarge these suckers till then here's a few more close ups of his color pattern (the white flecks here and there are just bits of skin that haven't dropped yet)

4492a5da-f98e-6043.jpg

4492a5da-f9a0-824e.jpg

4492a5da-f9b1-fe48.jpg

4492a5da-f9c5-f7fc.jpg

4492a5da-f9e0-0b5e.jpg

4492a5da-f9f3-e7e7.jpg

4492a5da-fa00-2511.jpg

People continue to play this difficult guessing game with locals. The best you can do is guess. If you don't know the exact lineage of your cham you will never know its origins.

Best thing to do would be not to breed him :rolleyes:.

How old is he? Definitely does look ambilobe X Nosy be to me, I have one as well and when he was younger he was JUST like this, now he's mostly fire engine red!

He's a year and five month old NosyBilobe(best guess) Male. I try my very best keep him happy and healthy. I tried introducing him to his first horn worm the other day be he didn't take to kindly to it. Methinks it was to large for him, but I'll be trying again soon with a smaller horn worm, he takes superworms no problem though. Here's some snaps of his cage and I'll be working on getting a video of his first horn worm soon :)

(sorry I can't figure out this small picture issue..)
4492a5da-2764-0812.jpg

4492a5da-2776-9195.jpg

4492a5da-2782-655f.jpg

4492a5da-27bc-c638.jpg

males from Nosy be have yellow lips

On the picture you see a male from Nosy be.
I saw many males with a lot of red many times in Madagascar.
It seems that this is normal but the lips of all males in Nosy be and Nosy fale are yellow. On your picture the lips are white. Thats why may be it´s realy a mix. But this is not sure.

Attachments

• 068-(1-von-1).jpg
    068-(1-von-1).jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 88
Back
Top Bottom