ID this Cham?

Brodybreaux25

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m sorry I don’t have the suggested picture set requested in this forums rules, all I have is a single screen shot. I saw this Cham at the beginning of the chameleon breeders podcast video on how to handle angry chams. Link below. Any idea?

Also, I’m looking into moving out of veilds and into a different species but I don’t know enough to make an educated decision. I’m not talking about doing this like tomorrow but in the next year or two. Can anyone recommend a good read on all the different types of chams, preferably with pictures and all the requirements of each species? Level of difficulty would be good too. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2A842B37-21C8-4727-9FEF-9CD7437956C2.jpeg
    2A842B37-21C8-4727-9FEF-9CD7437956C2.jpeg
    270.4 KB · Views: 315
This might be one for @Chris Anderson to take, but based off the size, coloration, and head morphology, I think this is Bradypodion thamnobates, the Natal Midlands Dwarf Chameleon: http://www.chameleonnews.com/14JunPilley.html

Are you looking to make a fairly lateral move to a species that has similar care requirements to a veiled, such as a panther, or onto something like a montane species perhaps? I would suggest you Google the most commonly kept and least commonly kept species of chameleons and start researching their husbandry and requirements individually. Chameleons! Online E-Zine is a great place to start!

This might be one for @Chris Anderson to take, but based off the size, coloration, and head morphology, I think this is Bradypodion thamnobates, the Natal Midlands Dwarf Chameleon: http://www.chameleonnews.com/14JunPilley.html

Are you looking to make a fairly lateral move to a species that has similar care requirements to a veiled, such as a panther, or onto something like a montane species perhaps? I would suggest you Google the most commonly kept and least commonly kept species of chameleons and start researching their husbandry and requirements individually. Chameleons! Online E-Zine is a great place to start!
I guess what I’m really looking for right now is information on what’s available out there. I really don’t know enough to know what options I have. I thought all chams were basically the same as far as the type of environment they lived in, now I realize that’s not true. The more I read about chams the more I realize how much I don’t know! A more montane species does interest me. I will def check out that E-Zine.

Back
Top Bottom