Ian- my boxer

Aquaseafoam

Hey, here are some pics of my dogs- I have two white boxers now :)

Attachments

• 086.JPG
    086.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 226.JPG
    226.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 202
  • fdc.jpg
    fdc.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 184
i had no idea they made boxers in any other color than fawn and brindle. till i saw yours. i think the little one is adorable. and oddly shortly afterward my brother told me he had put a deposit on a black and white one from texas. boxers are my favorite, followed by labs, rhodesians and boston terriers. yours look very happy what are thier names. thanks for the photos.

my old roomate had 2 boxers when i lived with him. He has had a total of 3 since i have known him. 2 of them died though randomly. the last one was playing in the yard and just killed over unexpectedly. He said his boxer had a heart attack. does this happen often with boxers?

There is some controversy over black boxers. Some so called "black" boxers are really just heavily dark striped reverse brindles. Others that really are black- are mixed with another breed b/c boxers don't carry a gene for black coat color.
http://www.newcastleboxers.com/blackboxers.shtml
Some breeders will advertise black boxers though and charge ridiculous amounts for these "rare" boxers. So, I just hope he isn't paying extra for a "rare" color.
Same thing happens with whites. Although white is a naturally occurring color in boxers, and they make up 25% of boxer puppies- some irresponsible breeders claim they are rare just to make a buck. In reality they are not rare, but white is not a recognized color by the American Boxer Club and therefore they can not be shown or bred. Breeders can only sell them as pet quality. Until recently breeders had no choice but to keep all their white pups (weren't allowed to sell or give them away) or cull them :( I'm glad thats over!!
I've never heard of a boxer dying of a heart attack- never heard of it happening to any dog actually, so no I don't think its common. They are known for high risk of cancer though.

Delilah is the big girl, Felix is the pup, I think he's cute too :)

Nice pups! If you can stand the high energy level of boxers, I think they're one of the best breeds. Definitely my favorite. I recently saw my first reverse brindle. He was absolutely beautiful.
Anyway, I've got my second boxer now. Here's Barley fogging up my front window:
barleywindow.jpg

this is where he is gonna get the dog from

http://www.blackchampionboxers.com/shipping.html

he used to have a fawn colored male. named Nos.... nitrous oxide. cause we knew he was gonna be fast and powerfull. sadly he died at around 4 yrs. apparently from kidney failure. i'll try and get a pic of him.

interesting about the colour info, thanx. warrents a bit more research.

barley is handsome. i can almost hear that boxer snarf sound when i look at the image

Back
Top Bottom