I want to hold my panther

I wish my 5 month Oustalet would move. If I didnt handle him every day i think he would starve to death. Hes perfectly healthy, but wont walk around the cage much at all. Hes all for hand rides for the 1ft to the feeding trough, or under the heat lamp. God forbid he do it himself or worse yet free range crickets. Yet hes perfectly fine hanging out on a 4 year olds arm while the other 4 year old hand feeds him crickets:rolleyes:

he is 4 m old and i have him for 10 days. i can not get my hand close to him without him opening his mouth and throat getting big. what can i do wanted to put him in shower to make sure he is getting enough water. he is healthy and is eating is no problem. thanks

I have had my Cham for about a month and a half... Every time I put my hand in there she hisses and opens her mouth. Do what I do.... I put a twig or pencil in there for here to grab onto then I pull her out and put her on my hand. Once out of the cage she does not open her mouth or hiss, even when I put her on my house plant and put my hand near her she is fine. Let your cham out of the cage ... They get cooked up

I wish my 5 month Oustalet would move. If I didnt handle him every day i think he would starve to death. Hes perfectly healthy, but wont walk around the cage much at all. Hes all for hand rides for the 1ft to the feeding trough, or under the heat lamp. God forbid he do it himself or worse yet free range crickets. Yet hes perfectly fine hanging out on a 4 year olds arm while the other 4 year old hand feeds him crickets:rolleyes:

Sounds like something could be off in the animals husbandry.

Could be.

I would recommend you fill out the "How to ask for help" form thats found as a sticky in the health forum, and post it in a new thread, just to make sure.

The animal should be basking, hunting, exploring, all on its own.

Back
Top Bottom