I think we need to get rid of the word 'bioactive'

So I was reading a bit of this.. but did not read it all. I know this is a bit old but I have a question.. could you technically put isopods or a little bugs in the plants & they live , & the plants live successfully? they will eat the gnat larvae. ??

So I was reading a bit of this.. but did not read it all. I know this is a bit old but I have a question.. could you technically put isopods or a little bugs in the plants & they live , & the plants live successfully? they will eat the gnat larvae. ??
Need predatory addition to your bio for this, arthropods break detritus down to speed up springtails role in the system

Need predatory addition to your bio for this, arthropods break detritus down to speed up springtails role in the system
Yeah, for me I added a single centipede for this purpose native to Madagascar.

So I can put a centipede in each plant? & they'll eat the larvae & flies for me? Lol
That's someone to ask someone more experienced than me lol I have one in the bottom of my enclosure to deal with mites. I still have to inoculate my plants with springtails.

So I can put a centipede in each plant? & they'll eat the larvae & flies for me? Lol
I have found small millipedes in my soil and still have gnats. For whatever that is worth. But here is a youtube. She roes over the methods and tried them and shows what works for her. She has many plants.

This has been a very interesting read. I’ve often toyed with the idea of going bioactive but was afraid to have inches of soil in the bottom of my cage that my table it sits on might not be able to hold. Also what effect do springtails and isopod shave on your house or apartment over time because I’m sure they get loose.

This has been a very interesting read. I’ve often toyed with the idea of going bioactive but was afraid to have inches of soil in the bottom of my cage that my table it sits on might not be able to hold. Also what effect do springtails and isopod shave on your house or apartment over time because I’m sure they get loose.
Every few months or so I’ll find a stray isopod just walking along the floor. I just collect him and put him in my isopod bin. When you think about all of the ‘wild’ isopods and springtails living everywhere outside, if they could do any damage to a house, the pest control companies would make sure to advertise about it.

Every few months or so I’ll find a stray isopod just walking along the floor. I just collect him and put him in my isopod bin. When you think about all of the ‘wild’ isopods and springtails living everywhere outside, if they could do any damage to a house, the pest control companies would make sure to advertise about it.
True!

Back
Top Bottom