I think the little guy is sick

Try turning out the UVB light and getting him out in dappled light a few times a week. (Be careful not to dehydrate or cook him outside!)

His eye lids looks swollen in one of your first pictures. Something is bothering his eyes. Maybe the light. Maybe debris. Maybe infection. If he were mine, I would smear a tiny bit of Vitamin A oil on a feeder bug. I use 8000IU Retinol Palmitate gel caps from the pharmacy. It's possible there is a shedding problem possibly from Vitamin A deficiency. Just a hunch. Increase mising a lot so he can clean out his eyes.

You said..."He seems to be keeping his eyes closed more often, and he is not nearly as active as he usually is" I don't like the way he is sitting in one if the photos you posted...he looks sick. I dont like it that he is shutting his eyes mire and that he was gagging again. Posture is often a good clue about health. I hope you get an appointment with Ferritinmyshoes. Have you tried emailing her here?

Try turning out the UVB light and getting him out in dappled light a few times a week. (Be careful not to dehydrate or cook him outside!)

His eye lids looks swollen in one of your first pictures. Something is bothering his eyes. Maybe the light. Maybe debris. Maybe infection. If he were mine, I would smear a tiny bit of Vitamin A oil on a feeder bug. I use 8000IU Retinol Palmitate gel caps from the pharmacy. It's possible there is a shedding problem possibly from Vitamin A deficiency. Just a hunch. Increase mising a lot so he can clean out his eyes.

We just recently started taking him out because he was so shy and we wanted him to be stressed as little as possible. I hadn't seen him drinking and he had started his shed, so we wanted to shower him, then brought him out for some sun at the same times. We go out in the mornings now and he only gets about 10-15 min because it is so dry here. I hadn't thought to shut the UVB off, but will if I should. Should I turn it off for the entire day if he goes out? Is 10-15 min sun enough to go without UVB?
His shed seems to have stopped at his hips, his hind legs went fine, then... nothing. I will check on the Vit A tomorrow.
We have gotten a MistKing and I am in the process of making a new stand(for drainage) for him and installing the mister. Currently misting by hand as much as possible, allowing time to dry.

You said..."He seems to be keeping his eyes closed more often, and he is not nearly as active as he usually is" I don't like the way he is sitting in one if the photos you posted...he looks sick. I dont like it that he is shutting his eyes mire and that he was gagging again. Posture is often a good clue about health. I hope you get an appointment with Ferritinmyshoes. Have you tried emailing her here?

I don't like any of it either, he's got me worried sick and fairly frazzled. I have messaged here, but not emailed. Do you mean to email the forum?

Thank you all for your input and thoughts. It definitely helps me.

Last night he was crawling all around the top of the enclosure while sleeping...
Today was more eyes closed, more lethargy. A little time in the sun and a shower. Ate 2 BSFL. I did get to see him drink once though.
We have a phone consult tomorrow and a pending visit on Saturday with ferretinmyshoes, thank goodness.
He just looks and acts so weak.

For future reference you can email any members of the forum by going to their profile/clicking on their icon and starting a conversation.

I hope the chameleon will make it long enough for Dayna (ferrit) to see it.

For future reference you can email any members of the forum by going to their profile/clicking on their icon and starting a conversation.

I hope the chameleon will make it long enough for Dayna (ferrit) to see it.

Wasn't sure if thats what you meant by email, but I had a conversation going with her.

Although it's not what anyone wants to hear, I appreciate your honesty. I kind of had to come to grips with it today while taking care of him. I feel for the others on here who have lost theirs. This little guy became a big part of our family real quick. Still hoping for the best though.

Been a rough day, Ferd passed this morning. My son gets home from school in a few minutes, gonna be a rough night too.

Sorry you lost your chameleon. There is only so much that you can do when one gets sick.
Did you talk to Dayna (Ferritinmyshoes) about it?

Sorry you lost your chameleon. There is only so much that you can do when one gets sick.
Did you talk to Dayna (Ferritinmyshoes) about it?

I'm so very sorry to hear this . I was hoping for a better outcome for you :(.

Thank you.
I didn't talk to Dayna. We emailed info and pics yesterday for the phone consult today.
About an hour and a half before the phone appointment, I went in and checked on him. He was getting a drink, but could barely hold himself up. His front feet lost grip and he was hanging upside down from his hind legs and couldn't pull himself back up. When I reached in and put my hand under him to help him back up, he let go and dropped in my hand. He was unable to stand and just laid there in my hand, so I held him until he passed. I had to have my wife cancel for me because she was at work and I wasn't really able to talk about him right then. I hope to be able to talk to her though.

Back
Top Bottom