I think she must be an Ambanja? Thoughts?

LoneBridger

She’s just started to show color this month. The more I look the more I think she must have lineage from Ambanja. What do you guys think?

She's gorgeous! :love: But it's practically impossible to tell a female panther's locale. Not without breeding her and holding back males to watch their color development/"prove out"... which is somewhat frowned upon amongst breeders iirc.

Where did you get her? From a pet store? If you contact the pet store with the date purchased, maybe they could put you in contact with the original breeder/supplier. That's what I ended up doing with my girl - she's been confirmed as an ambilobe, though I didn't recieve information regarding her lineage and ambilobes have a lot of variation.

*shrug* I feared as much. Guess I have to nail down a breeder responsible for her. I got her from a PetCo so obviously they had no help to give in that regard. Maybe if I call back in to them they would know the breeder

*shrug* I feared as much. Guess I have to nail down a breeder responsible for her. I got her from a PetCo so obviously they had no help to give in that regard. Maybe if I call back in to them they would know the breeder

They should at least know the supplier. I'm betting on ambilobe; that's what most PetCo/petstore chams are!

I agree that she could be at least part ambanja. It isn't conclusive but ambanja girls do tend to me more colorful than the others. They are the one I have seen show the most purple.

My female ambilobe that I hatched from an egg was predominately orange, had purple like that, but not as much turquoise! Very cool!!

Back
Top Bottom