I think my little beverly is receptive?

Echo98

i’ve had her for about 4 -5 months now and she’s been doing great really healthy eater, really nice demeanor, and she’s such a joy to watch! but lately her colors have been changing and i’ve noticed she’s getting a bit round, but she’s always been a chunky monkey i feed her well. i just need help and i need to know if i should put in her lay box or not. or any tips on how to help her prevent from laying eggs. i don’t want her to lay eggs at all but i know it happens. ( i put some of her photos from before and then 1 from her colors now) she does not like my phone:/
59C0B2E1-FCEA-48AB-A1CF-8EAD113823DE.jpeg
F06931C4-E607-4900-8D64-BB2119ABF6E2.jpeg
49DEBA54-DF2D-446A-B710-470670F6AC50.jpeg

Did you make the changes that were suggested to you in your other thread about surgery?

For females, to prevent egg laying issues, you need to control the diet and the temperatures in he basking area...especially as they approach sexual maturity. Otherwise the female can develop MBD, prolapse, develop follicular stasis and become eggbound and die.

The temperature should be no warmer than 80F and the feeding should be 4 or 5 crickets no more than two or three times a week...or caloric equivielent of other insects. Even this may need to be adjusted if she produces too many eggs.

She looks like shes maturing nicely! Your lay bin should be in there all the time. :) Some proven methods to reduce clutch numbers would be to reduce feeding and make sure her basking temps are 80°f. There are many threads on here explaing the process in reducing clutch numbers!

Did you make the changes that were suggested to you in your other thread about surgery?

For females, to prevent egg laying issues, you need to control the diet and the temperatures in he basking area...especially as they approach sexual maturity. Otherwise the female can develop MBD, prolapse, develop follicular stasis and become eggbound and die.

The temperature should be no warmer than 80F and the feeding should be 4 or 5 crickets no more than two or three times a week...or caloric equivielent of other insects. Even this may need to be adjusted if she produces too many eggs.
this is a different chameleon than the one that had the surgery.and i have fixed all the previous issues. unfortunately that rescue passed away he was too little and his previous owners did not treat him well

Back
Top Bottom