I think my chameleon might've been trying to sleep on me

Boollah

So before I was going to turn the lights off I had a new furnishing for my cham's cage. I went to install it by going in from up top and she came rushing up to me and climbed on my arm while I was fiddling with the cage. Eventually she moved to my hand and settled on my index finger. I tried to convince her to go back into the cage but she wasn't interested. She just layed there and actually closed her eyes for a bit. Do any of y'all know what might've lead her to want to sleep on my finger?

Attachments

• 20210405_214044.jpg
    20210405_214044.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 92
Hi. Usually I try not to disturb my chams when they are just waking up or getting ready for sleep (about an hour before lights out). Can you post a pic of your enclosure, including lights?

At the moment I can't take any pictures, but I can tell you I have a t5 ho 5.0 reptisun uvb and a 75watt basking lamp by lucky herp. The cage is on the small side (only 16 x 16 x 24) but I plan to upgrade this as soon as I can. As for foliage, there's only one live plant (a young money tree). The other is the fake vine that came with the tank. I've been trying to find a few plants to add but I guess it's still that awkward time of year here. I haven't been able to find any other safe plants at either Lowes, Home Depot or any nearby nurseries besides that money tree. Other furnishings include a few long dowels, a medium sized branch and a reptile hammock that's suctioned on one wall (not setup as an actual hammock).

At the moment I can't take any pictures, but I can tell you I have a t5 ho 5.0 reptisun uvb and a 75watt basking lamp by lucky herp. The cage is on the small side (only 16 x 16 x 24) but I plan to upgrade this as soon as I can. As for foliage, there's only one live plant (a young money tree). The other is the fake vine that came with the tank. I've been trying to find a few plants to add but I guess it's still that awkward time of year here. I haven't been able to find any other safe plants at either Lowes, Home Depot or any nearby nurseries besides that money tree. Other furnishings include a few long dowels, a medium sized branch and a reptile hammock that's suctioned on one wall (not setup as an actual hammock).
We find it's one of the best times of year (along with end-of-season clearances). If there are any holdovers from the garden stores (not the big box home improvement stores) they're usually marked down significantly to make room for what's coming in—that's how I got 6 different species of dracaena in one huge pot for half the price of the mass cane alone.

We're planning a road trip now.

Were I to guess, it would be that your cham was first looking for an opportunity to get higher up (i.e. safer). Settling on your hand was just a warm place to settle down—she's still pretty young. BICBW.

Back
Top Bottom