I think my chameleon been poisoned :(

Get your cham out of the contaminated environment and push water. If the cham won't drink , then consider a shower to get it to drink large quantities of water. Get to a vet asap..... although I don't know what a vet could do for a poisoned cham???

Prob. Depends on the poison and amount ingested. I agree probably want to flush it out as much as possible until can get reliable, medical help. Good luck.

Could you tell us why and by what you thing your cham was poisoned? also how long ago and what king of cham

He posted what he believes to be the source of the potential poisoning saying it is Beaphar Deep Clean which is apparently a cage cleaning solution. I've never heard of it so I searched it and found the following:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/deep...sinfectant-500ml-by-beaphar-15836?cm_vc=vcxsl

Looks like the product says it's safe for small mammals but doesn't mention reptiles.

How do you think your chameleon has become by this cleaning solution, James? Do you think he ingested it directly or through a food source or do you think he absorbed it through contact? Whaat makes you think he's poisoned?

He posted what he believes to be the source of the potential poisoning saying it is Beaphar Deep Clean which is apparently a cage cleaning solution. I've never heard of it so I searched it and found the following:

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/deep...sinfectant-500ml-by-beaphar-15836?cm_vc=vcxsl

Looks like the product says it's safe for small mammals but doesn't mention reptiles.

How do you think your chameleon has become by this cleaning solution, James? Do you think he ingested it directly or through a food source or do you think he absorbed it through contact? Whaat makes you think he's poisoned?

sorry for not giving a lot of info iv been running around trying to help my cham. it say its safe for reptile but i think he has drank some some on it some how.

he is coughing up brown stuff ??? he also has his mouth open like he cant breathe :( this is why i think its Beaphar Deep Clean.

sorry for not giving a lot of info iv been running around trying to help my cham. it say its safe for reptile but i think he has drank some some on it some how.

he is coughing up brown stuff ??? he also has his mouth open like he cant breathe :( this is why i think its Beaphar Deep Clean.

What? How do you know he drank some? Are you spraying the cage with him in it? Or did you not let it dry before he was put back in the cage? Somehow though I don't think he was poisoned, it sounds more like a respiratory infection like the one of my boys just had. You can always call a poison hotline for pets and ask them directly, they should know what to do and if the cleaner is what is causing this. They will charge you money probably, but it's worth it if you want your guy to survive.

I would put him in a warm shower. Put him on a plant in the tub and let the warm shower water bounce off the wall and spray on the plant. The humidity and heat should help clear his lungs and get more water into his system, hopefully flushing out anything.

Back
Top Bottom