I think my cham is sick ):

Lexlynn

Established Member
Hello.

My chameleon has been different. I could be overthinking it and being paranoid.

She’s been a grayish color??
She was also gaping earlier but I checked the temp and it was 80.

Our humidity is about 30-40%

she’s eating fine and I saw her drink earlier off her plant.

Could it be she’s about to shed or maybe lay???

Attachments

• EFBBD916-853B-46C0-B591-473FCBA81BA6.jpeg
    EFBBD916-853B-46C0-B591-473FCBA81BA6.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 48
  • A03A68F3-1FFF-4DDC-93D0-3361B347842D.jpeg
    A03A68F3-1FFF-4DDC-93D0-3361B347842D.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 93C1E08C-D294-4AF3-9F33-776A1FDA6CFB.jpeg
    93C1E08C-D294-4AF3-9F33-776A1FDA6CFB.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 51
No, shes been laying almost ? Her belly is like laying on the branch - normally she would kind of bask sideways sort of, but never laying like this.
well lets go over the usual

supplements and sched

lighting

heat

And age and if she has layed eggs yet.

She just laid eggs a few days ago...right? I'm wondering if she has retained eggs.

Is she sitting low in the cage? Sleeping during the day?

She just laid eggs a few days ago...right? I'm wondering if she has retained eggs.

Is she sitting low in the cage? Sleeping during the day?
no she never did lay. I left the blanket up for a few days and I saw no signs of her even attempting to go down by the sand box. She is not sitting low, she’s been less of a roamer all of a sudden after I made that post. No sleeping during the day but she lays the same way she is when she sleeps at night

well lets go over the usual

supplements and sched

lighting

heat

And age and if she has layed eggs yet.
• Earth Pro A every feeding
• Revitalize D every 2 weeks she’s due for that tomorrow.

Lighting is at 80 degrees highest i’ve seen today was 82. We use an arcadia bulb i’m not sure the wattage I would have to check I believe 75 but could very well be 50.

UV Arcadia 6% t5

She is a year and a half

Sorry, it was her last clutch of 31 I was thinking about.
Still...maybe she has retained eggs?
how could I tell? It was in september I believe that or late august. i’m so worried I last had her at the vet for a checkup earlier this year and they said she was fine. should I take her again?

Did they do X-rays to see if she was producing or holding eggs?
honestly i’m not even sure, it was like roadside because of covid they just took her from my car and brought her back and hour later and said she was in good health. I traveled an hour out there to go there because they’re allegedly a good vet. She’s sleeping and is her normal sleeping colors. Hopefully she’s fine i’ll see how she is tomorrow

You should be able to ask the vet questions.
If she seems to be getting worse at all she will need to see a good chameleon vet ASAP.

Did they do X-rays to see if she was producing or holding eggs?
honestly i’m not even sure, it was like roadside because of covid they just took her from my car and brought her back and hour later and said she was in good health. I traveled an hour out there to go there because they’re allegedly a good vet. She’s sleeping and is her normal sleeping colors
You should be able to ask the vet questions.
If she seems to be getting worse at all she will need to see a good chameleon vet ASAP.
i’m going to schedule one for the 2nd just to be safe. Thank you for all the help!!

Any: popping noises, druel, keeping nose up due to swollen throat?
hi! Today I noticed a bubble from her nose, and she’s been keeping her head up and mouth open. She fell asleep I think, her own eye was closed and the other wasn’t looking around. The exotic vet can’t see her until the morning, 9:30 which is the earliest I could get. I’m sure she will be okay until then, I hope at least. No other vets are open near me with exotic vets. I notified this all started a few weeks ago, our humidity in our room has been 40+ due to rain and having our window open. I wonder if that is the cause? I have to buy a dehumidifier because today it’s 55, I know high humidity and heat can be a problem. Any advise is helpful, I don’t know what to do

Is her cage near the window? What's the temp in your room when the window is open?
we don’t control the heat up here so it gets so hot. We usually open it slightly it’ll get like room temp of 70 the least, we don’t get much of a breeze on this side of the house. She is not directly in front of the window but a few feet to the side and out

Back
Top Bottom