I think it's time!

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
I think it's happening! I see one egg sweating and one batch in a container is all dented and many are dented! BABIES! :D

Questionaire.

Thanks all very much! I have a few questions about when they hatch.

1. How long should they stay in the incubator before being moved into the bins?

2. What should the basking temps be?

3. Should they get the UVB on right away?

4. How long should the lights be on?

5. How should I supplement just like the other Chameleons?

6. How much and how often should I feed?

7. What all can I feed them besides FF's and pinheads?

8. Any advice or extras? :3

Thanks for everything! I am feeling like a noob again! :O I'm a bit nervous and scared! haha.

Thanks all very much! I have a few questions about when they hatch.

1. How long should they stay in the incubator before being moved into the bins?

2. What should the basking temps be?

3. Should they get the UVB on right away?

4. How long should the lights be on?

5. How should I supplement just like the other Chameleons?

6. How much and how often should I feed?

7. What all can I feed them besides FF's and pinheads?

8. Any advice or extras? :3

Thanks for everything! I am feeling like a noob again! :O I'm a bit nervous and scared! haha.

Hey Zac! I'm really glad the time is coming! Here are the answers to your questions :)

1. Leave them in the bin until half or all of them hatch. Some people say that when the hatchlings walk over the eggs of the others, they "activate" the others to come out. Don't take each one out individually. I hope you got what I meant lol

2. I never gave basking to hatchlings. I always had UVB on them for the first month or two. They can heat up quickly but I know people will disagree with me.

3. Talked about this in #2

4. 12 hour cycle

5. I can't remember the supplement schedule I had for my babies, but I'm sure Jann does :)

6. Much- depends on how many you have in each bin. Often- three times a day.

7. You get mantis ooths and feed them little mantis. You can also feed them baby silkworms but do this when they are at least 1 month old.

8. You should mist them about 3 times a day also. Try taking their bins outside when it's hot so they can get some natural sun.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

Hey Zac! I'm really glad the time is coming! Here are the answers to your questions :)

1. Leave them in the bin until half or all of them hatch. Some people say that when the hatchlings walk over the eggs of the others, they "activate" the others to come out. Don't take each one out individually. I hope you got what I meant lol

2. I never gave basking to hatchlings. I always had UVB on them for the first month or two. They can heat up quickly but I know people will disagree with me.

3. Talked about this in #2

4. 12 hour cycle

5. I can't remember the supplement schedule I had for my babies, but I'm sure Jann does :)

6. Much- depends on how many you have in each bin. Often- three times a day.

7. You get mantis ooths and feed them little mantis. You can also feed them baby silkworms but do this when they are at least 1 month old.

8. You should mist them about 3 times a day also. Try taking their bins outside when it's hot so they can get some natural sun.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

Thanks for the responses! I checked on them when I left for school about 20 minutes ago and the same one is sweating but not as much as it was last night. No others have started to hatch either.

Would it be necessary for me to have basking lights just because of where I am located? It has been very cold the past few days. The temps were about 40's to 20's after being in the mid 60's-70's. >.>

I will be ordering some more food for them today when I get the chance. Thanks.

Also: Anyone have any pictures of sweating/shrunken eggs about to hatch? It would be much appreciated. (attached pictures would be best, they have photobucket images blocked and image sharing websites blocked at the school)

Zac

Back
Top Bottom