I think I may have a fat chameleon(ssshhh don't tell her)

kristy

We got our chameleon about 2 months ago and we have fed primarly crickets but introduced meal worms about 2 weeks ago. We fed horn worms once, as a special treat when we seen them at repticon. She was super skinny when we got her, so I don't know if this is normal weight or if we are over feeding her. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 205
How many insect do you feed her? How often a day? What kind on each feeding? How old is she? Does she skips meals? Does she frequent the bottom of her enclosure? She might be gravid. I dont know really, maybe a few more information on frequency of feeding and what was given.

Also females tend to eat what ever that is given them. I recommend putting her on a diet so that she would decrease egg production and reduce egg binding risk.

Overall she does look like a happy chameleon :)

Well I added nesting material to see if maybe she is digging but nope....she went to the bottom to get a worm that fell! She is about 5 months old. She has put on weight since we got her, we feed her daily usually cup feed her 3 times a day and sometimes she will eat 4 medium crickets at once sometimes more some less. she is also given 4 meal worms a day. She loveeees mealworms. So we learned to limit them due to she will eat every one you make available. I know at some point we have to stop feeding her daily but she was so skinny when we got her we have been trying to have her put in healthy weight. I guess maybe she looks so big to us because we just got a new male that's nothing but bones and she actually looks healthy. She doesn't seem wide to me, but snapped the best picture I could.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 176
That is one healthy female. That is nice. Just make sure when shes about to lay eggs that you have an egg laying bin ready. All that fat storage and high calorie and high nutrient diet will yield her a lot of eggs! Can be a double edge sword.

Best of luck and shes looking great!

Back
Top Bottom