I think he hates me..

Pepito2011

is there a way to befriend your cham? when we first bought little pepito he would climb right up on your hand, its been about 3 months since we got him and now all he does is hiss at me. I dont want to pester him but I want him to not feel threatened by me either. what can i do?

You might get him to be friendly, but you might not. You might need to re-arrange your thoughts to find it utterly amusing that he hates you.

but it is...

it is amusing he gets all worked up when i go in to clean his cage. such a temper tantrum he pulls. at first when he hissed and lunged at me i jumped and i think it scared him more than me but now i just let him lunge and hit my hand with his mouth, he is far to small to clamp on just yet. too cute. is it wise to attempt and hold him daily in hopes he will give up the fight or should i just continue our encounters to when i clean his cage?

I clean around my chameleon...he gives me dirty looks the whole time. I've only handled him twice in the 5 months I've had him, once to show him to my mother in law, once to move him to a new enclosure. He was all "Jurassic Park Dinosaur" both times...him with his little 3 inch long body acting like he could eat everyone in the house...

It was completely hysterical.

There are people here who have ideas on making friends with your chameleon. Me, I don't try. So, if you aren't getting the response you want, maybe search the forums for earlier threads. It's definitely been discussed before.

(note, I have a little Fischers chameleon that was a runt the breeder sold off for less money, he's tiny)

Sometimes I wish I hadn't made buddies with my chameleon because she always wants out and demands attention. When she was a baby she was terrified of me so I left her alone. She got a little bit bigger and I started to hand feed her,she came around quite quickly after that. Just be patient,but I think Elizadolots is right,just gotta let them be.

I see

Although he is all "Jurassic Park Dinosaur" as eliza said, he is still an amazing creature to watch! the weird little things he does when he doesnt know i am spying from acrossed the room. tehehe...dont tell. but still it would be nice to kind of show him off but i guess i will just let him be and maybe he will come around in time maybe not! i think thou after he is a few years old i am going to invest in another one! and try my luck with him/her. I had been admiring them in the pet store for almost all my life, now i finally have one i can admire all the time. my mother wasnt too fond of any pet, even my fish she would fluch and tell me they died!! (that was a lie a later learned)

Back
Top Bottom