I Swear Dora Was Reincarnated As Coda!

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
Coda keeps moving up, down, left, right and even directions I haven't learned yet! I can tell she's happy and not scared because she's about the color of a horn worn but pastel, and not leaf walking. Non-stop moving, and climbing (attempting to climb) walls. She figured out today that my hair could be used as a vine. She is so active I swear Dora is in there somewhere!

Content chams will typically sit in one spot and chill, like they do in their cage. What you are describing is a Cham that is trying to get away from you. Just from my experience with my chameleon that doesn’t like me he does the same thing. I only take him out to weigh him and look at his body. When he starts climbing on me like a tree and reaching out for other things I put him back in his cage. I know you are excited to have a chameleon but you are reading the signs as playful when it’s not. She may not be showing stress colors but what you described is her trying to get away from you. I’m not trying to be a Debbie downer. Just trying to help :)

Content chams will typically sit in one spot and chill, like they do in their cage. What you are describing is a Cham that is trying to get away from you. Just from my experience with my chameleon that doesn’t like me he does the same thing. I only take him out to weigh him and look at his body. When he starts climbing on me like a tree and reaching out for other things I put him back in his cage. I know you are excited to have a chameleon but you are reading the signs as playful when it’s not. She may not be showing stress colors but what you described is her trying to get away from you. I’m not trying to be a Debbie downer. Just trying to help :)
I yes and no agree with this. Beman has a huge mansion and still wants to come out all the time. He never sits still on me unless we are outside in the sun. Even on his Free Range he is on the hunt for the next adventure. He is a total busy body.

However to the OP... Give it some time with her. Remember only to take her out when she wants to and keep it short so like 10 minutes here and there. Never force her out of the cage. Watch her body language. If her eyes sink in while holding her that is a sign of stress. They will always try to get higher when they are more stressed. So take it very slow with her. Continue to learn about her and observe her. The best way to learn about your cham is by watching her. :) I am happy you are enjoying her. Remember though what you enjoy she may not so be very careful and gentle with her. They move very fast when they want to so always have a hand ready in case she is going fast.

What a cutie! I love it when Miles climbs up my hair :) He loved it even as a tiny baby "Look at these vines!" and would fall asleep on my neck under my hair. :p I Love being climbed on and sat on :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom