I REALLY NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

Jewels333

My Camilla is over a year old female veiled. She just recently started acting very lazy. It’s gotten worse and I’m scared. I thought she may have eggs but one minute she looks like she may and the next she doesn’t. The last two days she’s been hanging out on the bottom of her tank. I haven’t seen her eat anything. I’m worried about her!!!
3BE7BCB2-8EB0-4F9C-8CD5-37FF0845D660.jpeg
her color looks pale. I’m so worried please help me. This is my first time ever owning a reptile and a chameleon. I know it’s not supposed to be your first reptile but I’ve doneextensive research on their care and she was great just recently.
3BE7BCB2-8EB0-4F9C-8CD5-37FF0845D660.jpeg

5F9B95A1-C737-40C9-B648-18BCA40360A0.jpeg

She was the runt of the litter when I got her but has been very happy up until last week.
1F4C2221-9F37-417B-9F9F-40D134EA2D89.jpeg
8654C02F-9C28-4DE8-9F8E-2A2959805723.jpeg

this her when I got her.

You need a lay bin in there ASAP. She looks like a sock stuffed full of marbles.
She doesn’t always look like that though. Sometimes she stretches out and looks skinny. She’s so weak. Will she be able to do what she needs to do in the bin?

It says video is unavailable. I’ve watched a few videos on it. I just have the sand on hand right now. That’s why I asked.

I can see 2 spots in that pic that show mbd. Her back right leg has some severe bends and her casque bends to the left. I’m sure there is more I can’t see.

setup a laying bin and dig a hole for her. She probably won’t be able to do it herself. If she can pass the eggs.

she really needs a vet though. Where are you located? We may be able to help find a vet around you.

I can see 2 spots in that pic that show mbd. Her back right leg has some severe bends and her casque bends to the left. I’m sure there is more I can’t see.

setup a laying bin and dig a hole for her. She probably won’t be able to do it herself. If she can pass the eggs.

she really needs a vet though. Where are you located? We may be able to help find a vet around you.
Charleston West Virginia

She climbed out of the bin. She did use the bathroom and it looked normal. I will call all the vets tomorrow to see if any will treat her.

the vet will be able to tell you exactly what’s going on. They can do xrays to see if her eggs are calcified or not. Then they can decide what to do about the eggs and start treating the mbd.

if females don’t get enough supplemental calcium they will pull it from their bones during egg production. It takes a lot of calcium to make eggs shells. This will lead to mbd.

Back
Top Bottom