I need y’alls help!

Thanks for the discouragement lol! And let me make one thing clear first, yes I have the money and means to care for an animal that I could clearly do better than the care it’s currently in, and a second thing... I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANOTHER CHAMELEON! I would never look to Craigslist as a place to spend my money, I posted here because she agreed to giving me the chameleon if I could take better care and get him vet help if he needs it. I would feel honored doing so because it’s not about the money for me. I figured as “chameleon enthusiasts” you guys would agree on this Cham getting better care being the win here. I have until Monday to decide if I want to take him in or let him sit there and be a dollar sign to these people for months to come. You guys don’t know me personally or my ability to study and gain information on a subject that is dear or fond to me. I ask for help and most that commented gave no help at all? And the ones that did, I am very thankful to have somewhere I can come and ask for help and get all of y’alls knowledge!! I am not trying to be snarky or smart, I simply want to help this chameleon not gain another pet... please understand how frustrating it must be to ask for help just to be told you probably don’t have the ability to do such because you’re new to the subject or don’t know as much as someone else. Again I’m thankful to have this place to ask for help and be able to talk chameleon talk but if you can’t help me please just look over this post and let the helpful ones comment.

So hun where are you at in your decision on this? Do you live near a really good experienced reptile vet? I ask because I have only one that is knowledgeable about reptiles in my area but I don't think she could handle anything advanced lol.
Have you gone to see the boy yet?

They lady is about an hour away from me so I’ve not seen him yet but I have been sent some pictures, I do have a very good exotic vet here and our local chameleon breeder uses them as well. I’m in the Hickory N.C. area, we don’t have many but there are 2 here that I would trust. I am on the fence now but I feel I will make the right decision when time comes. I don’t think I would be in over my head, before the fire I had at least 15 baby birds I was hand feeding constantly with no days off.

How nice to try to ruin my day on a easter weekend...ignore all you want...nothing against the OP and I already explain the story...IM NOT HERE JUST TO TAKE THE PUNCH so Ignore all you want..."I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine"!!!

Thank you guys, I truly wouldn’t even have let it cross my mind before had I not found this forum. I knew that there would be some that agreed and offer help! I’ve learned so much just searching keywords and reading. I had a 27 hour bus ride last Thursday and listened to a lot of the podcasts that helped and now able to actually understand it. This will be a journey for sure.

No one is ignoring anyone, that’s why I said what I did so you could understand where I was coming from and my intentions. So we could all agree and not have to go there.

No one is ignoring anyone, that’s why I said what I did so you could understand where I was coming from and my intentions. So we could all agree and not have to go there.
I WISH U THE BEST...but obviously the other person dont.so i will totally respect ur decision and have a happy easter

Thank @Beman. When I found my girl I was also not even looking for another chameleon. So I understand the feeling of wanting to help the little guy out. If you have the time I say go for it. You will feel so rewarded at the end. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of these ppl and @Brodybreaux25 was helpful in my journey. Best wishes

How nice to try to ruin my day on a easter weekend...ignore all you want...nothing against the OP and I already explain the story...IM NOT HERE JUST TO TAKE THE PUNCH so Ignore all you want..."I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine"!!!
I WISH U THE BEST...but obviously the other person dont.so i will totally respect ur decision and have a happy easter

Enough already.... point made now we are providing assistance not getting off track in the thread yet again.

I didnt bring this back up...Im a very easy going guy..I totally forgot until it got brought back up again...so this will be my final reply I got more important thing to discuss than this...say no more.

Somehow I missed this thread!

My first chameleon experience was with a critically ill juvenile veiled chameleon. His full story can be found here and here, but essentially Karma was desperately underweight, dehydrated, full of parasites, and had terrible ongoing issues with his eyes.

It was hard, and in the end I couldn't save him... but I tried, and I can rest easy knowing that I did everything I possibly could for him. At least he had a peaceful end, and hopefully I was able to provide him some degree of comfort.

If you have the time and finances, I'd say go for it! I don't regret a second of my time with Karma. After all, my research led me to you wonderful people and this fantastic goldmine of information, and rekindled my love for reptiles! (y)

~Amanda.

Back
Top Bottom