I need to stay off kijiji🥺

I agree. Unfortunately she is firm on the price.
She honestly should pay you to take her to help with the vet bills and stuff! I hate how some people in this world have no disregard for any pets they have!
I probably shouldn’t breech this topic but...I stalk the chameleon subreddit sometimes. This reminds me of some of the atrocities people post on there.

I digress. Bless you for trying!! Hope it works out.
I sometimes go on there and try to help (rarely because I get so ticked off), but keep getting ranted at and almost kicked off because they don’t believe the science-based care on here and from The Chameleon Academy! They say don’t mist, especially if a female is laying, even though it’s an automatic mister, tell people their chameleons should only drink water from a shot glass, gutload with Miner-all (a supplement, not a gutload), and more! It infuriates me! They also don’t tell distances for proper UVI levels, just say 5.0 for panthers and 10.0 for veileds! Ugh! 😤 Sorry for the rant!

I sometimes search kijiji for local supplies and other random chameleon related things.
Of course theres always the Chams for rehomong mixed in..
This is what I came across today.
Gravid.. eyes closed during the day..

They are.looking for $375 for the Cham and her "aquarium". 😔😔😔😔

I've sent a message.
I have an empty screen enclosure and t5ho light fixture sitting in the closet. If they drop the price to practically free or at least reasonable. I can take her in.
If you could send me her info I’d love to have a chat with her :hilarious: (jokes... sort of)
90S No GIF

Why do people think they can actually talk with their chameleons and ask them how they feel and get a response back. Running the faucet over the poor baby 😧😤 gets me pissed off.
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Can’t even spell right I’m sure this cham is “vey” unhealthy and unhappy. I can just hear her attitude with that reply. $275?! Is she crazy or something I wonder how much she was charging for everything. This girl is not concerned with her health whatsoever, if she were the slightest concerned she’d give you her for a reasonable price and even free. Some people just think they’re so high and mighty and that the world revolves around them and that the choices they make don’t impact anyone else. Reminds me of these old friends I had not anymore they’re not, they have beardies and were telling me about them and I was just like who the f*** told you this crap the entire time. And they were like all telling me I was wrong and they were doing everything right. I can assure you with the little knowledge I know about bearded dragon care they were not...she was also trying to sex her beardie and was like you can’t know the gender until they’re 1 years old I was like “actually you can” and provided her all this stuff which she said “I don’t care but ok” which was her way of saying I’m right and you’re wrong. She was talking about how you can’t feed them worms and that they’re bad for them, and that they can only eat fruits and vegetables and crickets I was like are you serious 😐. I provided BOTH of them so many links and videos as well as directed them to the bearded dragon forums they called me a bunch of names and everything although I wasn’t phased I could care less about what they said to me. I just hope they read through everything and provided them the proper care. Anyways back to the topic on hand try and get her to lower the price and tell her about the vet expenses and everything that would go into helping the baby. Do provide her links to the best care and maybe even send her links of what would happen if she didn’t start caring for her right. Like pics of unhealthy chams and threads on chams that passed due to improper care etc... (it’s pretty sad and mean but I can guarantee you she is not gonna do anything if you don’t tell her straightforward) Dont sugar-coat anything, be straightforward and serious. I can just tell this girl was guarded and given everything her entire life although I will not assume even though I just did. Sorry for the rant I’m done....for now! :banghead:
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

She wanted $375 for everything.
I understand the frustration when people won't listen to fact.
I know someone with a beardie as well.
I joined the groups. Did the reading and even tried to break it down to dumbass terms.
The response I got was.
"The pet store said this is what we needed, its fine"
Ive learned a certain amount of acceptance over the years of rescue (dogs, cats and farm animals)
Some people will never hear you. No matter how loud you are.

Last edited:
If you could send me her info I’d love to have a chat with her :hilarious: (jokes... sort of)
90S No GIF

Why do people think they can actually talk with their chameleons and ask them how they feel and get a response back. Running the faucet over the poor baby 😧😤 gets me pissed off.
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

Can’t even spell right I’m sure this cham is “vey” unhealthy and unhappy. I can just hear her attitude with that reply. $275?! Is she crazy or something I wonder how much she was charging for everything. This girl is not concerned with her health whatsoever, if she were the slightest concerned she’d give you her for a reasonable price and even free. Some people just think they’re so high and mighty and that the world revolves around them and that the choices they make don’t impact anyone else. Reminds me of these old friends I had not anymore they’re not, they have beardies and were telling me about them and I was just like who the f*** told you this crap the entire time. And they were like all telling me I was wrong and they were doing everything right. I can assure you with the little knowledge I know about bearded dragon care they were not...she was also trying to sex her beardie and was like you can’t know the gender until they’re 1 years old I was like “actually you can” and provided her all this stuff which she said “I don’t care but ok” which was her way of saying I’m right and you’re wrong. She was talking about how you can’t feed them worms and that they’re bad for them, and that they can only eat fruits and vegetables and crickets I was like are you serious 😐. I provided BOTH of them so many links and videos as well as directed them to the bearded dragon forums they called me a bunch of names and everything although I wasn’t phased I could care less about what they said to me. I just hope they read through everything and provided them the proper care. Anyways back to the topic on hand try and get her to lower the price and tell her about the vet expenses and everything that would go into helping the baby. Do provide her links to the best care and maybe even send her links of what would happen if she didn’t start caring for her right. Like pics of unhealthy chams and threads on chams that passed due to improper care etc... (it’s pretty sad and mean but I can guarantee you she is not gonna do anything if you don’t tell her straightforward) Dont sugar-coat anything, be straightforward and serious. I can just tell this girl was guarded and given everything her entire life although I will not assume even though I just did. Sorry for the rant I’m done....for now! :banghead:
Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight Australia
I love your rants. 😁😂
Leonardo Di Caprio Movie GIF by Sony

She wanted $375 for everything.
I understand the frustration when people won't listen to fact.
I know someone with a beardie as well.
I joined the groups. Did the reading and even tried to break it down to dumbass terms.
The response I got was.
"The pet store said this is what we needed, its fine"
Ive learned a certain amount of acceptance over the years of rescue (dogs, cats and farm animals)
Some people will never hear you. No matter how loud you are.
Does she not realize a healthy veiled usually only sells from around $50-75, to the rare $100 (US dollars, not Canadian)?! Ugh!

Well...if she's eggbound, which is quite likely from the look of her, and is already starting to go down hill, she doesn't have long to live. If she is egg bound and doesn't get surgery quickly she's going to die painfully before long too.

If anyone buys her they're going to have to pay for a vet visit and likely surgery/spaying.

If she doesn't take her to the vet and just lets her die she will get NO money for her...so she's better to let her go for less to someone who wants to help her (like you).

Maybe if you explain all of that to her she will give you a fair price.

I'm new to VC's, and even I can see this guy looks super sad and unhealthy. Sometimes you can't fix stupid and selfish people who think they can look after animals better without doing any education on them

Does she not realize a healthy veiled usually only sells from around $50-75, to the rare $100 (US dollars, not Canadian)?! Ugh!
I did mention that I paid far.less for.my healthy female from a breeder.
Even in the pet store for a translucent they are under $300 in my area.
She wants pet store price for her sick animal.
I really hate the feeling. Knowing that an animal needs help. And not having the power to change anything.

Well...if she's eggbound, which is quite likely from the look of her, and is already starting to go down hill, she doesn't have long to live. If she is egg bound and doesn't get surgery quickly she's going to die painfully before long too.

If anyone buys her they're going to have to pay for a vet visit and likely surgery/spaying.

If she doesn't take her to the vet and just lets her die she will get NO money for her...so she's better to let her go for less to someone who wants to help her (like you).

Maybe if you explain all of that to her she will give you a fair price.
I told her that her Cham needed a vet.
New lights. A laybin and should NOT be living in an aquarium!! (FFS!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?)
I explained that it would cost me well above the purchase price to set up and get her medical care.
I have a feeling she thinks Im blowing smoke up her ass.
Im just some nut on the internet wanting her animal for way less than asking price.
I'm still learning. But I know I have enough knowledge to set up properly and I know where the best vet is within driving distance.
😔

Friends, as much as I agree with you all, and want to see an animal helped... for your own sake's I'd suggest not getting worked up about this stuff. This is one small example, these things happen to animals constantly, on a large scale, and to many animals. You'll drive yourself insane freaking out about every incident you come across. All you can do is what's in your power, if you're able to change something that's great, but I wouldn't suggest investing a ton of emotion into it.

Friends, as much as I agree with you all, and want to see an animal helped... for your own sake's I'd suggest not getting worked up about this stuff. This is one small example, these things happen to animals constantly, on a large scale, and to many animals. You'll drive yourself insane freaking out about every incident you come across. All you can do is what's in your power, if you're able to change something that's great, but I wouldn't suggest investing a ton of emotion into it.
This is something I've learned after years in rescue.
I used to always take the hard cases. Puppy mill dogs, the severely neglected or abused.
The frost bitten chickens that would lose feet.
Burn out crept in pretty quietly to smack me upside the head.
Now I pay more attention to my limits and hold firm to my boundaries..
I take breaks now. Take on the odd easy case.

Where before I might have given in and paid the asking price for the Cham. (Putting myself out in the process by dipping into my bill money for vet bills etc)
Now. I made my offer, explained why and could only hope to change someones mind.
I did my best. Thats all I can do

That's a short trip for me. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom