I need tips /Help with re-doing a living wall

kelly_girl199

Avid Member
What products specifically have you used for background wall. I used like a black silicone the last time with coconut fiber afver shaving all my foam down. BUT the stuff comes off like crazy! I still have a white tray on bottom. Havnt made the bio active jump yet.

What products specifically have you used for background wall. I used like a black silicone the last time with coconut fiber afver shaving all my foam down. BUT the stuff comes off like crazy! I still have a white tray on bottom. Havnt made the bio active jump yet.
Bioactive is the best! I use any black waterfall foam (lots are cheaper than Great Stuff Pond and Stone) and have found it easier to press my substrate into the foam while it’s still sticky (different dry times on different foams, do a sample first and try 5-10 minutes after you spray and work from there) than waiting for it to cure, carving it, then siliconing it and adding substrate to the silicone

Bioactive is the best! I use any black waterfall foam (lots are cheaper than Great Stuff Pond and Stone) and have found it easier to press my substrate into the foam while it’s still sticky (different dry times on different foams, do a sample first and try 5-10 minutes after you spray and work from there) than waiting for it to cure, carving it, then siliconing it and adding substrate to the silicone
So when you directly place the fiber on while the foam is still sticky, do you end up shaving the foam still? I just prefer the pond and stone bc the yellow show through so much easier.

So when you directly place the fiber on while the foam is still sticky, do you end up shaving the foam still? I just prefer the pond and stone bc the yellow show through so much easier.
No, I don’t shave it, the foam cures underneath/with it, so everything is waterproof. Any waterfall/landscaping foam is black, and I have found them cheaper and more available than the Great Stuff Pond and Stone. I personally don’t use regular Gaps and Cracks, I don’t care for any yellow that shows through

No, I don’t shave it, the foam cures underneath/with it, so everything is waterproof. Any waterfall/landscaping foam is black, and I have found them cheaper and more available than the Great Stuff Pond and Stone. I personally don’t use regular Gaps and Cracks, I don’t care for any yellow that shows through
Ahhhhh bless you!! Freaking wiping up the coconut fiber every single day annoys the mess out of me. Where do you order the waterfall foam from?

And what has been your favorite substrate for the walls so far? I think most people just use coconut fiber. Just not a huge fan of it I guess.id like something with a different color tone and texture. But not sure How well it sticks.

And what has been your favorite substrate for the walls so far? I think most people just use coconut fiber. Just not a huge fan of it I guess.id like something with a different color tone and texture. But not sure How well it sticks.
I use any reptile tropical soil from the pet store. Zoo Med Reptisoil, Zillow Jungle Mix, etc.

can you post pictures of some of your enclosures?
I don’t have any picture of my enclosures (or chams- I know, it’s terrible, but I’m always in their room and never assume to take pics since I see them all the time), but I can link my build thread for my upcoming bioactive cages. My chams are in temporary 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall screen cages right now until I finish their bigger bioactive cages, so I can’t take pictures of any backgrounds since I don’t have any at the moment, sorry!

Back
Top Bottom