I need help

lee jian heng

This chameleon was start up by small bump like on skin.Gradually spread more .Anyone had experience with this ? Fungal or viral infected.

Attachments

• IMG_20230209_124138.jpg
    IMG_20230209_124138.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230209_124312.jpg
    IMG_20230209_124312.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20230209_123842.jpg
    IMG_20230209_123842.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20230423_130438 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230423_130438 (1).jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230423_130431 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230423_130431 (1).jpg
    226 KB · Views: 32
Hi. I have no idea what that is. I can tell you that it doesn’t look like a burn, bruise or papilloma (viral wart) and that it would be best to have a good veterinarian take a look. In the meantime, if you have other reptiles you need to take precautions since this could be something you could pass on to them.

Could be some sort of allergy too but you really need a vet. A heavy parasite load can kill them. Your guy looks dehydrated too. Get to a vet asap and do a very very deep clean on the cage. Have you introduced any new plants? If yes, remove ckean and make sure not toxic.

Hi. I have no idea what that is. I can tell you that it doesn’t look like a burn, bruise or papilloma (viral wart) and that it would be best to have a good veterinarian take a look. In the meantime, if you have other reptiles you need to take precautions since this could be something you could pass on to them.
A little close up picture today.
My veterinarian here they don't know how to treat reptile but only mammal.
I was assume fungal infected,was given itraconazole 0.5mg/100g weight everyday,and povidone iodine rub body weekly ,this treament consisted a month already,but seem not work,the lesion still spreading.
I also suspect it is papilloma virus.
I have some question then.first 1,this animal species papilloma can transmit to human?
Second 2 ,how those virus came from if so,my environment never keep of any animal before ,perhaps from breeder since I bought her already bring in her body?

Attachments

• IMG_20230425_165556~2.jpg
    IMG_20230425_165556~2.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20230425_165508~2.jpg
    IMG_20230425_165508~2.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 25
Could be some sort of allergy too but you really need a vet. A heavy parasite load can kill them. Your guy looks dehydrated too. Get to a vet asap and do a very very deep clean on the cage. Have you introduced any new plants? If yes, remove ckean and make sure not toxic.
I have a simple microscope , faeces is not present any parasite,still appetite,activity normal.
I didn't put in any new plant into enclosure .I think not a big chance of allergy.i think it could be papillomavirus

I’m not a veterinarian or even close to being one and can only give you my personal opinion. I have not seen anything like what your chameleon has. While some of the lesions do look similar to papilloma, I believe there is most definitely more than that going on. Papilloma is a virus and is like warts…contagious to other reptiles but not to humans. Should be pretty harmless to your animal and while it can spread over your animal, as far as I know it would not be spreading that much and that fast. I do think it is a fungal infection and while I can’t tell you what kind or what treatment, I do want to make you aware of one called yellow fungus or CANV which is quite serious and there is no cure. https://reptilesmagazine.com/canv-in-reptiles/ Perhaps you can bring this to your vets attention and they can test for it. Also, just so you know, few chameleon diseases are contagious to humans but are often contagious to other reptiles.

I’m not a veterinarian or even close to being one and can only give you my personal opinion. I have not seen anything like what your chameleon has. While some of the lesions do look similar to papilloma, I believe there is most definitely more than that going on. Papilloma is a virus and is like warts…contagious to other reptiles but not to humans. Should be pretty harmless to your animal and while it can spread over your animal, as far as I know it would not be spreading that much and that fast. I do think it is a fungal infection and while I can’t tell you what kind or what treatment, I do want to make you aware of one called yellow fungus or CANV which is quite serious and there is no cure. https://reptilesmagazine.com/canv-in-reptiles/ Perhaps you can bring this to your vets attention and they can test for it. Also, just so you know, few chameleon diseases are contagious to humans but are often contagious to other reptiles.
I feel glad to heard that it will not transmit to human being,Since I'm immunosuppress people with Lupus case,I kinda worry I m susceptible 😅😅😅.I did wear disposable gloves and mask everytime when deal with animal,And wash with soap.
And thank for the link help me to learn about the this fungus type.
And I have connect to others buyer who had bought with the same breeder,So far one replied he also have same issue . Papilloma virus is very suspicious now.
Any suggestions about sanitizer the enclosure,I have bleach ,I have hydrogen peroxide on hand.Im plan to use hydrogen peroxide high concentration dilutetion to sanitizer,how u think of it.

I really do not think that is papilloma. One of mine has papilloma and it is one very small wart and has not spread. To my knowledge, papilloma does not spread like that or spread so quickly. @kinyonga what are your thoughts? I would avoid using bleach to clean. Hydrogen peroxide is a good cleaner and there are some veterinary cleaners as well, like F10. I clean a lot with chlorhexidine.

This chameleon was start up by small bump like on skin.Gradually spread more .Anyone had experience with this ? Fungal or viral infected.
What's the time frame between the first 3 pictures and the last 2? Did she ever completely shed from the time in the first 3 pictures? And are you helping her in some kind of way with shedding?

I'm not a vet either but it was one of my chameleons that was first discovered with CANV and instigated the study of it because my vet was very interested in what it was.

@MissSkittles said…” I do want to make you aware of one called yellow fungus or CANV which is quite serious and there is no cure”…while it seems to be difficult to have good results getting rid of CANV in bearded dragons, it seems to be curable with proper treatment in chameleons In most cases. It can be treated with itraconazole.

I’m not sure what your chameleon has is CANV but, like missskittles, I don’t think it’s papilloma.

I would get it tested by a vet asap since it’s spreading so rapidly.
More to follow about CANV…I have to be off line for a while.

Chlorahexidine. I tried it full stremgth on my skin to make sure it wouldnt harm chams. I wipe diwn everything with it including plant leaves. Vets use it directly on an animal for mange and mites too.

CANV…you can find some information here…
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/canv….189840/

In one site, it says…”An adult Parson's chameleon {Chamaeleo
parsonii) presented with vesicles that became crusty brown lesions on the limbs and body. Skin biopsies revealed fungal hyphae in the affected epidermis and underlying dermis. The lesions regressed fully after oral administration of itraconazole. An adult jewel chameleon {Chamaeleo lateralis) from the same private collection presented with localized black skin lesions and died while being treated with itraconazole. A pulmonary granuloma was also present in this chameleon at autopsy. Cultures obtained from skin and lung lesions yielded the same fungus“…those were my chameleons and the study began.

Did you find out what those bumps are in her?
She’s showing reproductive colours in one of the photos. Has she ever laid egi
I feel appreciated for you pay attention on my case.
Sorry to say that ,all nearby veterinarian they said didn't know how to treat reptile ,unable to help me examine .They only treat mammal.
I already release her into forest ,because I have others chameleon ,Im dreading it would contagious to others chameleon.
Either papilloma or canv,both incurable and high contagious.I think the better choice is release her .
I did have cheaper microscope ,I wet the cotton tip and wipe on its skin lesions multiple time ,then observe under 250x magnificent.I didn't know is it able to observe canv or not ,but at least I see nothing of fungal track at all.

Attachments

• IMG_20230424_165119 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230424_165119 (1).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20230424_165107.jpg
    IMG_20230424_165107.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20230424_165051 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230424_165051 (1).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20230424_164648 (1).jpg
    IMG_20230424_164648 (1).jpg