I need an opinion on feeders.

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I just got done reading a post on a horrible outcome to the devil aka coccidia. I heard that cricket can carry this. I just ordered Crickets from a breeder(not the pet store, but I don't know if ill still get them even though they are bred) hornworms, waxworms, blue bottle fly larvae, and Phoenix worms. I just got my cham but I don't want him to get any parasites. I can't get Dubia Roaches as I live in fl. any suggestions? im open to diff types of roaches. ( I will try my best to convince my mom to let me get some roaches.. determination! )

Best bet us to breed your own but getting crickets from a reputable feeder source you should be okay. I dont believe you can have dubia in fl but there are other feeder roaches.

I get Mona crickets from Josh's frogs forever and she does not have coccidia.

yeah, I was looking at josh frogs. Do you recommend any different types of roaches, or heard good things about other roaches? I don't want to go on google, because google is also the website I used that told me early in my research that veiled's don't like to eat plants (which is completely, obviously, 100% false). :)

I live in Florida and we can get discoids and red runners. Silk worms are awesome feeders too. I always have those on hand.

yeah, I was looking at josh frogs. Do you recommend any different types of roaches, or heard good things about other roaches? I don't want to go on google, because google is also the website I used that told me early in my research that veiled's don't like to eat plants (which is completely, obviously, 100% false). :)

I know red runners are a popular choice.

Hi hun I want to add here.... Parasites are part of cham keeping. I know the thread you read was scary. It just happens. I have dealt with both coccidia and pinworms. Just because a cham ends up with coccidia it does not mean you can't treat it. It is hell to get rid of and yes contaminates everything. Pinworms are easy to get rid of.

Just remember to buy your feeders from a reputable seller. Not a pet store with dirty conditions. Then when you have them at home. Same thing your keeping them clean as well. Rotate your bins pull nasty food etc.

Last edited:
Lindasgonebuggie.com is in Florida, and sells Discoid Roaches which are like Dubias which don't climb smooth surfaces or fly, but move quicker than sluggish Dubia. She has a ll the feeders you want, give her a try.

CHEERS!

Nick

If you happen to be near the "Tampa bay area" send me a message. I got bugs.... of all kinds. Otherwise, look for discoids for a standard roach. If you're feeling brave you can go for Red Runner or Green Banana Roaches.

Also, a pro tip - get silkworms! Great feeders and have the side effect of hydration.

If you happen to be near the "Tampa bay area" send me a message. I got bugs.... of all kinds. Otherwise, look for discoids for a standard roach. If you're feeling brave you can go for Red Runner or Green Banana Roaches.

Also, a pro tip - get silkworms! Great feeders and have the side effect of hydration.
Yo dog..... You got an Oz of dubias?!?! Wait... You're not a cop are you?! By law you have to tell me if you're a cop!!!! Lol

Yo dog..... You got an Oz of dubias?!?! Wait... You're not a cop are you?! By law you have to tell me if you're a cop!!!! Lol
20191029_142730.jpg

Probably... maybe.. who knows!!

If I did have a dubia.... I swear I had no idea?

Back
Top Bottom