I NEED A TEMPERATURE DROP AT NIGHT

Because you have dry air a small personal fan filled with ice might help you get more of a drop at night. They work like a swamp cooler but only if you have dry enough air. Direct it into the cage but not directly where he sleeps. You can also place gel ice packs on top of the cage directly above the sleep spot each night to create a cooler spot there where it is most needed.
1618156915993.png

You can also try this. I found it is relatively useless with just water. But if you fill mostly with ice at night, as the ice melts into cold water through the night it should help a lot.

I have another question, I need to bring my humidity up during the day, and I have shower curtains, an automatic mister, live plants, and soil at the bottom, but my humidity is a little low, and I did my research and it said a fogger should be used at night or the early morning. Is there something else I should be trying?

I have another question, I need to bring my humidity up during the day, and I have shower curtains, an automatic mister, live plants, and soil at the bottom, but my humidity is a little low, and I did my research and it said a fogger should be used at night or the early morning. Is there something else I should be trying?
What are the humidity levels during the day? A jackson's chameleon can handle a humidity level down to 30%. If your levels are below this during the day, you can mist the cage when the humidity drops under 30% to get the humidity up.

I am using a hygrometer to measure humidity and it gets as low as 20% sometimes. I mist, but it doesn't bring the humidity up that much

I have a reptile brand that is digital and a house hygrometer that is digital, the humidity is low right now

Attachments

• 1618185814541682968455630654324.jpg
    1618185814541682968455630654324.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 16181858326155363232314599801513.jpg
    16181858326155363232314599801513.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 117
Do any of these units sit inside the cage? Or are they left outside? For humidity, I use an indoor/outdoor hygrometer that has a wireless probe that I can put inside the cage to measure both humidity and temperature. Before we talk about alternative solutions to increase humidity, I want to make sure that the humidity actually needs to be raised.

Also, what do his poops look like? Do they have white or orange? Are his eyes sunk in?

I have the reptile one in the cage, but the I put the other one in the cage sometimes, to see if the humidity matches the one in the cage

I have the reptile one in the cage, but the I put the other one in the cage sometimes, to see if the humidity matches the one in the cage
If the humidity on both hygrometers match, then I believe you.

Since it is so dry there. You can order some Duck brand window shrink film, cut it to size, and then tape it to the front of the cage. Do not block the little bottom maintenance door, but do cover the main door. This option will provide you with enough airflow while keeping in the humidity.

The repti-cooler is just another evaporative cooler. It's so new, I haven't been able to find any reviews to test its claims.

Evaporative coolers put moisture into the air, but rarely produce the temperature drops they claim (theory vs. real-world).

An AC unit would help to solve both problems. The drop in temperature would raise the humidity.
During the day, additional misting sessions (they don't have to be very long in duration) or a cool mist humidifier in the room (not in the enclosure).

The repti-cooler is just another evaporative cooler. It's so new, I haven't been able to find any reviews to test its claims.

Evaporative coolers put moisture into the air, but rarely produce the temperature drops they claim (theory vs. real-world).

An AC unit would help to solve both problems. The drop in temperature would raise the humidity.
During the day, additional misting sessions (they don't have to be very long in duration) or a cool mist humidifier in the room (not in the enclosure).
I agree, was just thinking that it is a low cost solution and better than the old "blow a fan over ice cubes" for a short term help. (which is what it is, essentially, but it is compact and all in one)

A pricey solution for the daytime is a Dyson air purifier/humidifier. You can set it for exactly the humidity you want so it only comes on when needed. Here in CA if I did not use it I would have days of 10% humidity in the house. If you are set it for a base of 30-40% inside and wanted to raise it a bit more inside a Jackson enclosure it would be easier. Bonus is it gets mold spores and other yuk out of the air.

So you just place ice packs on the top of the cage, ok I will try it
Yes just place them on top and it will do the trick. This method has really help me get that time time drop without having to effect other reptiles in my reptile room. I hope it works for you, if you have more question I’ll be happy to help you out

here is a video of the ice cube method I posted on my Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGx...ia_id=2319428984854798278&igshid=acxyoh1dqo85

A pricey solution for the daytime is a Dyson air purifier/humidifier. You can set it for exactly the humidity you want so it only comes on when needed. Here in CA if I did not use it I would have days of 10% humidity in the house. If you are set it for a base of 30-40% inside and wanted to raise it a bit more inside a Jackson enclosure it would be easier. Bonus is it gets mold spores and other yuk out of the air.
Yeah... humidity is a challenge for me too, but I'm meeting it, and it's not compounded by a temp drop.

I was looking for a combo AC/humidifier for this sitch. There may be such a thing, but all I found (so far) were combo AC/DE-humidifiers.

The AC would solve the nighttime issue, both lowering temp & raising RH. Daytime will still need more humidity pumped into the air, as the RH will drop as the temp rises.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to matter; he's shown an unwillingness to get even a minimal AC unit.

TMK, there just aren't any quick/easy/cheap fixes for this problem, and it's a shame because it was entirely foreseeable/avoidable, and once again it's the cham that's going to suffer.

You can get a similar air cooler on amazon for 25 bucks.
But night time temps are still in the 50's

Last edited:
If I get a ac unit, would it bring up my bill?

And also, is this one a good one

Attachments

• 1618246551101274994338929827231.jpg
    1618246551101274994338929827231.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 1618246609454322380485002571859.jpg
    1618246609454322380485002571859.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom