I need a Geek-Virus

Julirs

My computer is infected with worm.net32.netsky-how do I get rid of it? It has disabled task manager and restore!:mad:

I didn't-bad me but all these years and never a virus! I now have AVG-as of tonight-but it is not doing a thing!

If you can download and run this tool

http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2004-021816-1759-99

Is this the error
2n8dmia.jpg

If so try clicking 'Run' then type in chkdsk /f
It may say it needs to do so on next boot, if it does click ok and restart.

Last edited:
Yah! Go Geeks! Buy him/her some new biro's for the front pocket and some new tape for the bridge of the glasses! :D
Glad you got it sorted. :)

Did they work out how to turnoff sys restore, before running AV? worth doing then running AV again to be sure its gone.
Download something like Windows defender (blocks bugs/spyware/worms) if its not already on your system.
Also worth setting your AV program to auto update, and the sensitivity a little higher.

If you have trouble getting rid of it, try Malware Bytes. It's the best program to get rid of the really nasty ones. I use it all the time in addition to AVG. The problem with AVG is that it only takes care of viruses, while a lot of things people consider to be viruses are actually malware, spyware, keyloggers, etc and not technically "viruses."

I'm not a geek but my roommate is the Geek Squad :)

Well-the Synmantec scan says I do not have the Netsky worm-but I do have this nutso Internet Security 2010 spyware that has all kinds of pop up and is showing up no where obviously! HELP!

If its still functional, try downloading and running a program called Spybot search & destroy. It works well for annoying spyware/malware

I am running Malware Bytes-Thanks Serenity! My WarCraft gaming son says that is what all the geeks use! It has been scanning for over an hour now-and finally it is picking up that 2010 garbage I picked up! I am on my son's computer and when I can finally get back on I will let you know how it turns out.

Well guess what! Last weekend I got hit with a different Virus-would not let me ctrl-alt-delete-would not let me start in safe mode-would not let be use Malware bytes or Virus protection-BUT-I did manage to get it all cleaned up and all seemed well.

BUT-Yesterday when I got up I noticed my computer restarting, getting to the point where you can start in safe mode, and then restarts and goes through that again and again. Well CRUD! I did manage to get it to where you can do a recovery-only to find out that I do not have recovery discs. So now I have to order recovery discs, try to salavage my files, and get the computer up and running. :(

Lesson Learned-HAVE GOOD VIRUS PROTECTION RUNNING ON YOUR PC!

Holy crap. What sorts of things are you downloading and where from?! I have been using AVG, and AVG alone, for the past 3 years or so and have never come across anything. Even while downloading songs from Frostwire for about a year straight.

Are you running Microsoft XP, Windows Vista, or 7? If so, I would recommend turning off the auto updates. Either completely off, or on the "important updates" only option. Doing this will actually keep your computer running smoother and quicker.

Also, are you using Internet Explorer as a browser? If so, I would switch to Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are more secure (harder for you to get "hacked"), run faster, and are less buggy. Chrome isn't quite implemented with all websites yet, but I would be willing to bet that it will work with any of the sites you visit daily.

Back
Top Bottom