i miss my babies badly

dreamforthedead

I'm in Edinburgh Scotland for the weekend, me and one of my brothers have taken my mum for the weekend for mothers day tomorrow. Its great but my god I'm missing my little zoo. The reptiles are in boarding which set me back £150 for 4 days crazy huh? I hate being away from them I rang the place I'm keeping them at and they are doing fine just me that's not lol. Fretting all the time, I'm home tomorrow but I won't get them back till I finish work Monday as I'll be back late tomorrow. I'm not leaving them no more, its to much of a worry. Lol

:D You are not alone Ashleigh! Mine are the reason that we don't go on holiday! I wouldn't be able to leave mine - I wouldn't trust even reptile boarding to look after them the way I do. I know I would just spend the whole time worrying about them. :eek: I haven't even been away overnight for at least 3 years since I got my first chameleon!

totally feel you onthis one i am in the process of doing a compleat setup with eco-zone controll and web cams so i can see my guys anywhere there is internet.
i will be useing the eco-zone terrium controll with two web cams with digital tilt pan and zoom controls, then i will feel safe. LOL

:D You are not alone Ashleigh! Mine are the reason that we don't go on holiday! I wouldn't be able to leave mine - I wouldn't trust even reptile boarding to look after them the way I do. I know I would just spend the whole time worrying about them. :eek: I haven't even been away overnight for at least 3 years since I got my first chameleon!

Its horrible, if I ever need to go away again they are coming with me if the staff in hotels don't like it then tough. Lmao! I'm going out my mind up here, I thought it wouldn't bother me as much with them being in the care of people who have had over 20yrs of experience but its not helped at all. They don't know my guys the way I do. Their being kept in the back of the shop but I'm scared they might get sold by mistake. I know I know I'm being silly but I can't help it. Lol

totally feel you onthis one i am in the process of doing a compleat setup with eco-zone controll and web cams so i can see my guys anywhere there is internet.
i will be useing the eco-zone terrium controll with two web cams with digital tilt pan and zoom controls, then i will feel safe. LOL

Wow that is such a good idea, I like it!

I am right there with you. I leave home twice a year for a week each time. my husband takes off work so he can be home to care for my chameleons. That really doesn't help me not miss them. I know he does a good job, they all have water, food and light. But they don't have me. He does give me a report daily on everyone but he would never see all the things I see. It is just hard to leave something you love in someone else's care.
Let us know how ever one is when you get them Monday night. All will be fine, but let us know anyway.

Please do post videos when you get this setup. I hate leaving my babies, and I've only had them 3 weeks. I keep hoping it will be easier when they are older. But that cam idea might help more.

I got them all back Monday night, they are all fine and have been looked after well. What bothered me the most was with mia being free ranged then having to go in a cage for the weekend but she was fine. Soon as she saw me she came and climbed on my arm, glad to have them all back. I'm certain she's happy to be free ranged again though. The bearded dragon looked at me as if to say where the hell you been. Lol It's been gorgeous here today so had the chameleons outside which they both loved. Hopefully that made up for me going away.

I can relate- I love getting away for a day or two, but by the third day I'm wondering what the lizards are up to and wanting to see them.

It is good to know they are all ok. They did miss mommy but it was nice for you to be able to get away. Now a little extra love and you will be forgiven.:)

Ashleigh, I am so glad they wre ok and you survived without them too, lol! :D It's the best feeling when they are pleased to see you! Amy is like that when she's receptive and the rest of the time she couldn't care less about anything!

Have you had the Chams out yet tiff? We are having gorgeous weather up here. Mine and the bearded dragon have been out a couple of times.

dreamforthedead:im glad you survived your time away from home,and them too! lol,my husband just this morning said to me"well i guess we wont be going anywhere for hollidays this yr" i said "oh,why" he says"well because of your chams,you wont be able to leave them" i thaught about that for a sec and said"ya i guess your right" lol..i just dont think i could enjoy myself,i would be sick with worry:eek: i have a friend who would gladly look after them for me,but still.....i think if we do plan on leaving for even a short time,my friend will have to come over and do everything i do for my chams just so i know he knows how to care for them,but he will be here for a week at least feeding and caring for them every day before i would feel somewhat sure they would be alright..even then..he would never see what i see and never know what to watch out for..ok maybe we wont be going anywhere after all lol..ya i think my minds made up..NO HOLLIDAYS FOR ME:)

Back
Top Bottom