I made my own gutload

jasimmons86

I made my own gutload for my crickets

i mixed blueberries, romaine lettuce, oranges, apples, almonds, and some other stuff in a blender. also went ahead and mixed in the everyday calcium without d3(i will also be giving calcium with d3 2 a month, and multi vit once a month).
I took the mixture and put it in ice cube trays and the froze it. so now i can just pop out the food one cube at a time and feed it to the crickets.

was this a good idea? does anyone else do this?
I did it because it seemed like a easier way to keep up on feeding my crickets with out having to prepare the food every 3rd day. I should only have to prepare the gutload once a month.

give me some feedback, im curious if this is a good route and if anyone else does it.

thanks

ive never done this with the calcium, and dont really see the need to. your ingredients are good, but you could add a few more different items next time with high calcium contents. you will still need to dust with plain calcium anyways. so with all do respect and applaud for great intentions, i think mixing the calcium was a waste :eek: oh well though, good start :)

visit SandraChameleon's blogs about nutrition, gutloading and supplimentation! they are filled with awsome pieces of information

i just got my first batch of crickets Friday, and my first ever chameleon comes Tuesday.
I was just trying to figure out the easiest way to do things.
i wont mix the calcium next time
thanks for the tips

i just got my first batch of crickets Friday, and my first ever chameleon comes Tuesday.
I was just trying to figure out the easiest way to do things.
i wont mix the calcium next time
thanks for the tips

I would also not mix the calcium up in the gutload. Not that it cant work just as well but for me it would be easier to tell how much calcium you are giving each time by just dusting the feeders.

Scrap the romaine and try to use higher calcium greens like kale, dandelion greens, collards, mustard greens, endive, escarole, etc. Some more veggies wouldnt hurt either (squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, sweet peppers, etc)

I am getting a one month old male veiled.
i went by the deirections on the bottle of calcium, which said for every lb of food add in 1 tablespoon of calcium.

Im going to continue to mix the gutload, but i wont add any calcium till feeding the veil

I have done this method and find that it works well, try adding bee pollin next time as well, it is very healthy.

Back
Top Bottom