I love how you people hardly ever respond to my posts!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In no way does anyone purposley not respondto a post. Sometime its simply because we dont have an answer, or maybe because were not online, or, you simply could find your answer in a different post after doing research. I would like to apologize to you for putting you in that state of mind.

Sincerely,
Jake

I'm sorry since when is this forum a popularity contest? People will reply when they feel like contributing to a topic. I'm sorry if you feel cheated, but people can respond to whatever topic they want.

Come on now, I hardly think its a personal attack on you. Sometimes people just have nothing to say if the topic doesnt spark an interest to them.

I hardly think these were the responses you were looking for ehh? Well put it this way I'm sure you'll get as many responses on this one as you have made period... (9) Also I just looked at all your posts and you have about 11 replies on one and 6 on 2 other ones so I dont get where you are coming from???

Last edited:
Well when I see a post has been viewed over 50 times and I have one reply that is where I am coming from.

i usually got threw all the posts in a day, and i never once seen your screen name once. i can see you have been a member in this forum for some time now and have only made 10 posts and 2 have been in his one thread. you should keep asking and throw it out there more than just once. do not go ignored keep asking the same question someone is bound to have an answer as long as you keep asking, and not giving up after one try. also there are more ways of getting information than just this forum and waiting for someone to just give you the answer, google it! sorry if i sound rude but you can not blame this forum for an unanswered question

Is "panther21" mad because no one wanted to "guess" that he had posted a picture of a panther or was there a health related issue that I missed somewhere?

No need to type anything here I never get any feedback.

Damn homie... No need to get all bent out of shape... I looked at your picture today and almost posted a smart ass comment something like "well panther. I have no idea what that might be panther; maybe a panther?" However I was at work and did not have the time to do so. As with all people in here I am sure that if you REALLY NEED an answer you will get it. Just because you dont have 50 people telling you that you have a female panther is no reason to get upset... Not trying to harp on ya; im just saying though.

pic.php

Can you tell me what this is?

I looked at your picture today and almost posted a smart ass comment

Haha, yeah me too. I was gonna type "Betty?" but it wouldn't let me enter anything shorter than 10 characters.

My feedback would be to not get insulted when people don't respond immediately when you yourself setup the thread by saying the answer to your question is easy or obvious. But, if you want to get a LOT of responses, referring to a group as "you people" will always do the trick! So, good job.

Chad, is that ID question open to all?

Last edited:
I must say I am also not getting many replies on my questions and sometimes it would be useful to hear even a "I don't know, never seen or done it".
I know posting replies can be boring, but it really helps people who need some advice. I have read all the links and used the search option, but there are still many questions that I need to get answers...
For example, I still don't know if females that are kept without a male can have some problems, when they become receptive what do you do if you don't have a male to offer, will they lay infertile eggs, are my pigmy fertilized and how can I know that, do I have to keep a spot light during the winter at night when it is colder in the room or how can I keep them from getting cold...a ton of other questions that I didn't find straight answers....
All the best
Filip

New member with questions too

....and mine are getting answered.

I have only been here a short time, just a week or two, but I also belong to other speices specific boards, one where I am considered an "expert".

To get questions answered here, and anywhere else, I would suggest being specific, and detailed about what YOU really want to know. Give information, and be specific about what the problem is. Be patient unless it is an emergency.

People all over the world are on internet boards, and are "on" at all different time zones.

Also responding to other's postings will increase your popularity all around !!!

I must say I am also not getting many replies on my questions and sometimes it would be useful to hear even a "I don't know, never seen or done it".
I know posting replies can be boring, but it really helps people who need some advice. I have read all the links and used the search option, but there are still many questions that I need to get answers...
For example, I still don't know if females that are kept without a male can have some problems, when they become receptive what do you do if you don't have a male to offer, will they lay infertile eggs, are my pigmy fertilized and how can I know that, do I have to keep a spot light during the winter at night when it is colder in the room or how can I keep them from getting cold...a ton of other questions that I didn't find straight answers....
All the best
Filip

Filip, I just looked at your last couple posts to the forum, and they were about misting systems in the UK. Since I have no experience with UK misting systems, I would have a hard time responding. I do, however, have experience with gravid females, pigmy chameleons, and temperature settings. Why don't you start a new thread specifically asking for that information? I know many of us would be happy to respond.

About this thread in general.. I saw your post as well, Panther, and wasn't really clear if you were asking a question. You obviously know it is a panther chameleon, and if you wanted us to guess at the locale, you could have said that. But, our guesses at the locale of a female are just that.. guesses. Until you breed her out and raise up her male offspring, you won't know what she is unless you bought her from a reputable dealer who was able to supply that information.

I can tell you one thing.. I will be even more reluctant to respond to your posts now, because you seem to feel that the people on this forum are obligated to. Tip about getting good replies.. be specific about what you are asking. If you are vague, or don't really ask a question, chances are good no one is going to reply.

Filip, I just looked at your last couple posts to the forum, and they were about misting systems in the UK. Since I have no experience with UK misting systems, I would have a hard time responding. I do, however, have experience with gravid females, pigmy chameleons, and temperature settings. Why don't you start a new thread specifically asking for that information? I know many of us would be happy to respond.

Hi Heika,
Well, almost all the replies I got were from you and a couple of other people. Yes, I asked a question about a European mister, but I guessed there would be people here that are from Europe or have heard something about this kind of mister. Also, a few months ago I asked about chameleons that do not need a temperature drop during the night and I got no replies at all... :(
Like someone said here in the forum, I am a novice here but I am well informed about things on other forums and I try to help people as much as I can as I think it is very important when to get some correct and useful infos after the basic things that they have learned.
I have read all the posts about the pigmy's, and even after your last enormous post :) I had a few questions. (I will post in another tread).
All the best
Filip

Also, a few months ago I asked about chameleons that do not need a temperature drop during the night and I got no replies at all... :(

I don't know of a single chameleon species that doesn't benefit from a nighttime drop in temperature.. perhaps someone else does.

I have read all the posts about the pigmy's, and even after your last enormous post :) I had a few questions. (I will post in another tread).

Yeah.. got a little long winded there.. one of my favorite subjects.. :p

I don't know of a single chameleon species that doesn't benefit from a nighttime drop in temperature.. perhaps someone else does.

;) well, I was referring to those huge temperature drops that I have been told the bitaeniatus, rudis and co. need. I can't make the temp. drop to 18C during the night during summer, in the other seasons it is not a problem of course...
From what I have understood people keep their chams in some special rooms where they can adjust the temperature.
All the best
F.

;) well, I was referring to those huge temperature drops that I have been told the bitaeniatus, rudis and co. need. I can't make the temp. drop to 18C during the night during summer, in the other seasons it is not a problem of course...
From what I have understood people keep their chams in some special rooms where they can adjust the temperature.
All the best
F.

There are only a few chameleon species reported to seek out burrows to escape extremes of temperature. Otherwise, all the others are exposed to air temperatures and so experience nighttime drops. In general, the high altitude species experience a greater temperature range than do the lowland species. I don't know what species you're keeping, but you can research where they came from to get an idea of the altitude. Other resources you could use to research temperatures could be anything from Wikipedia (looking up nearby cities or mountain ranges) or maybe even yahoo's weather services. Many major cities in Africa are listed with current temps at: http://weather.yahoo.com/regional/AFRICAX.html

I believe there's also a newish book specifically about pygmy (or maybe just rhampholeon sp.) chameleons out by Krieger Pub. Should be chock full of great info, coming from them.

I believe there's also a newish book specifically about pygmy (or maybe just rhampholeon sp.) chameleons out by Krieger Pub. Should be chock full of great info, coming from them.

If you are referring to the "Stump-tailed Chameleons, Miniature Dragons of the Rainforest" book by Petr necas and Wolfgang Schmidt, it is well worth the $. It is published by Edition Chimaira and distributed in the US by Serpent's Tale. Is there another book out that I somehow missed?

Hmm, if it's Necas that must be the one. The cover looked so much like the other Krieger titles (publisher of Necas' other book) I assumed it was also them. Is it both genusesesesess? what the heck is the plural?? :confused::confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom