I Lost My Little Elwood

Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss Jann! It's terrible when you loose them, but it is always harder when they are young.

I hope you get answers from the necropsy and will keep us updated as well for the sake of learning to prevent further deaths from whatever may have caused it.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss Jann. I hope your year gets better, it's really not been a good one so far :( may little Elwood rest in piece!

Thank you Cassidy. I don't think I could handle anymore bad news.

OMG I'm so sorry to hear about Elwood. I know his days were cut short but I'm sure he enjoyed the ones he had in your home.

The results from Elwood's necropsy results came in last week.
They were completely normal. So I don't know what killed him.
Dr. Doug suspects it had to be something environmental since it was not infectious.

That's just so bizarre, Jann. Would him eating a poisonous bug show up on the necropsy? Guess I should have paid more attention in high school biology...

Hey Jane, I can't express my sorrow well enough for you. I can only say he had an amazing home for as long lived. He was a beautiful boy for sure. The sounds of it he ate some or whatever that caused a septic reaction?

I like where Andee is going with sepsis, did they do a blood smear with the necropsy?

If they did and saw bacteria in the blood smear then definitely something caused sepsis.

I am so sorry you are left wondering though Jann. It's frustrating that the necropsy came up with no answers. Just remember the community here idolizes your animals because you care for them so well. Whatever caused this definitely was not something you did.

That's just so bizarre, Jann. Would him eating a poisonous bug show up on the necropsy? Guess I should have paid more attention in high school biology...

I'm guessing poison wouldn't show up. I know Dr. Doug did a very through necropsy and sent allot of stuff to an outside lab.

Back
Top Bottom