I know she is sick and im heart broken

In a previous post you said she had laid eggs before…when was that?
I asked multi people at pet store none of them knew how long ago, I only found out cause the cashier told me " she looked aweful, when she came to us. then they found some eggs, they took her to vet and now she is better." I asked how long ago and she said she was not sure. I then called and asked someone else if they had any info. None. When we brought her back they said "did you touch her face cause the oils from your hands could make her sick" I went full Karen at that point but neither here nor there. When they called for us to come and pick her up they said " vet said she was a little dehydrated and to give her warm bath soaks for a few days so I could pick her up after 3 more days" and I still have no clue about the eggs

In a previous post you said she had laid eggs before…when was that?
I called box store again spoke with manager, she looked through purchase receipts and she was delivered to them on 3/31. She laid 4-5 eggs beginning of May and they found 2 more a few days later. I hope this helps you wonderful people help me a little more

I called box store again spoke with manager, she looked through purchase receipts and she was delivered to them on 3/31. She laid 4-5 eggs beginning of May and they found 2 more a few days later. I hope this helps you wonderful people help me a little more
Please be aware that I’m not a vet and can only speak from what I’ve learned over my years of keeping chameleons and other reptiles.

If she had a place to dig to lay the eggs in the cage at the store, she should have dug a hole, laid all the eggs and filled the hole in, tamped the soil down and returned to the branches…thin and hungry. The fact that she was laying a few then a couple more would indicate that she was already having reproductive issues then. Right now I can’t be sure if she’s plump looking because she has retained eggs or it’s a new clutch….but I’m betting on retained eggs because she shouldn’t be ready for a new clutch yet.

If she has retained eggs, then she will need to be spayed for sure.
I wish I could give you better news.

Please be aware that I’m not a vet and can only speak from what I’ve learned over my years of keeping chameleons and other reptiles.

If she had a place to dig to lay the eggs in the cage at the store, she should have dug a hole, laid all the eggs and filled the hole in, tamped the soil down and returned to the branches…thin and hungry. The fact that she was laying a few then a couple more would indicate that she was already having reproductive issues then. Right now I can’t be sure if she’s plump looking because she has retained eggs or it’s a new clutch….but I’m betting on retained eggs because she shouldn’t be ready for a new clutch yet.

If she has retained eggs, then she will need to be spayed for sure.
I wish I could give you better news.
Thank you very much for your help and insight it's very helpful

Taken her to the closest vet that will take her 3.1/2 hours away 😞 keep her in your thoughts, were on our way
I would expect them to do an xray to confirm she has retained eggs... The fact that she laid a few... rather dropped a few and then did not pass more is an indication she has retained the eggs and that is why she is so sick.

I would expect them to do an xray to confirm she has retained eggs... The fact that she laid a few... rather dropped a few and then did not pass more is an indication she has retained the eggs and that is why she is so sick.
She did not make it to the vet, but she fought like hell !!! Made it through the night and half way there. Thank you so much for all of your support

Back
Top Bottom